Wednesday, 31 December 2014

TOP 5 WEDNESDAY: TOP 5 BOOKS OF 2014

It's the last day of 2014. I know it's so cliche to say, but I seriously can't believe how fast this year has gone. 
I'm going to post my TOP 14 BOOKS OF 2014 tomorrow, but I guess this is a little bit of a sneak peak of my top five. 
All covers shown are the UK covers that I personally own, so if they're different from the one's you're used to that's why.


5: 'PERCY JACKSON AND THE OLYMPIANS' SERIES - RICK RIORDAN

Technically this is five books, so I've chosen the battle of the labyrinth as a representative for the whole series (it was my favorite.)   
These books are fun, fast paced and addictive. I got way more attached to the characters than I was expecting to, and I really love how the Greek mythology was incorporated into the story.

4: 'THE FOREVER SONG' - JULIE KAGAWA

'The forever song' is the last book in the Blood of Eden trilogy, which happens to be one o my favorite series of all time. After the crazy cliffhanger in book 2 this was one of my most anticipated books of 2014. I was not disappointed; it was action packed and heart breaking and the plot was full of  twists and turns. I love this trilogy and it's characters so much and this was a really satisfying conclusion.

3: 'TWO BOYS KISSING' - DAVID LEVITHAN
'Two boys kissing' is a short book, but it packs one hell of a punch. It makes you cry, it makes you laugh, but most importantly...it makes you think. I don't really know what else to say about this, just read it. If you need a measure on how much I liked it, I read it twice in two months. I do not normally reread books.

2: 'FANGIRL' - RAINBOW ROWELL
I'm going to let you into a little secret here, I LOVE RAINBOW ROWELL. You might want to keep that in mind from now on. 'Fangirl' was one of the only books I've ever happy-cried at; the characters and their romance were absolutely adorable and it sort of killed my heart. I've never related to a character more than I related to Cath, and as a fangirl myself this book really resonated with me.

1: 'ELEANOR AND PARK' - RAINBOW ROWELL
Here it is! My favorite book of 2014!
'Eleanor and Park' is another book I read twice in a matter of months, and it was absolutely amazing both times. Rainbow Rowell has a way of creating characters and relationships between them that are so realistic and beautiful that you can't help but get attached to them, and it makes 'Eleanor and Park' such a heart wrenching read. What else can I say? It's perfect.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!  I hope you have a great year and read loads of fantastic books :-D
-Mia xx

2 comments:

  1. I am always looking for new books to read, so thank you for sharing your top 14 books of 2014! I have to agree with your opinions on Fangirl! I LOVE that book! I am definitely reading Eleanor and Park soon. I was wondering if I can get some feedback for my recent blog post on my blog! It would be nice if you could let me know what you think in the comments for that post. I will continue to read your posts, so please keep posting :D
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun with Eleanor and Park, I'll be interested to see what you think of it :) Thanks for reading my posts, I'm off to look at your blog now!

      Delete