Friday, 2 January 2015

MOST ANTICIPATED 2015 RELEASES

Hello from the past! I'm pre-writing a bunch of posts for the next few days, because before January 5th I need to do all my Christmas holiday homework, read 'an inspector calls' and start revising for the 10 exams I have in the second week back at school. Never leave your homework for the last minute, kids. 

Anyway, I'm here to tell you about the books coming out this year that I can't freaking wait to read. Most of them are sequels, some of them are from authors I love, and there are a couple that just really caught my attention whilst I was scrolling through goodreads. I'll leave you the goodreads link for every book, so if you're interested you can click on that for a full synopsis.

I've tried to put these in chronological order, but of course some of the dates might change. I can't do anything about that, sorry!

 THE DARKEST PART OF THE FOREST - HOLLY BLACK
RELEASE DATE: January 13th
WHY I'M EXCITED: I've only read two books from Holly Black ('The iron trial' and 'doll bones') but I really enjoyed both of them and I love her writing style. This book sounds dark and intriguing, and it involves both fairy tales and actual fairies. I'm sold. 
GOODREADS: x

SIMON VS THE HOMO SAPIENS AGENDA - BECKY ALBERTALLI
RELEASE DATE: April 7th
WHY I'M EXCITED: I'd never heard of this book until about half an hour ago, when it immediately became one of my top anticipated books of the year. It was the title that first pulled me in, then the synopsis (it seems like a David Levithan-esque fun contemporary with LGBT themes) then I read the overwhelmingly positive reviews from people with ARCs and I knew I needed this book in my life.
GOODREADS: x

A COURT OF THORNS AND ROSES - SARAH J. MAAS
RELEASE DATE: May 5th
WHY I'M EXCITED: Sarah J. Maas is great at writing fantasy (although I don't like her Throne of Glass series as much as everyone else seems to, more on that later) and this book sounds like another fairy tale retelling with actual fairies in it, which a trend I can definitely get into. I love the original story of 'beauty and the beast' and I'm really  excited to see what Sarah does with it. Plus, there's probably going to be a badass female lead.
GOODREADS: x

EMMY AND OLIVER - ROBIN BENWAY
RELEASE DATE: June 23rd
WHY I'M EXCITED: I've not heard anything about this book or it's author, but I thought the synopsis sounded really interesting. I think this sums up why I want to read it:  "Readers who love Sarah Dessen will tear through these pages with hearts in throats as Emmy and Oliver struggle to face the messy, confusing consequences of Oliver’s father’s crime. Full of romance, coming-of-age emotion, and heartache, these two equally compelling characters create an unforgettable story." And I have a weakness for books with two peoples names in the title, so that helped.
GOODREADS: x

THRONE OF GLASS #4 - SARAH J. MAAS
*this book doesn't have a cover or title yet*
RELEASE DATE: September 1st
WHY I'M EXCITED: Unpopular opinion time: I think the 'Throne of Glass' series is overrated. It's really good, don't get me wrong, but I always feel a little bit left out when everyone I watch on youtube is hailing it as their favorite series. That being said I'm still excited to see how Celaena's story continues, and I'll be buying this book as soon as it is released. For anyone who doesn't know, it's a kick-ass YA fantasy series with a really awesome main character.
GOODREADS: x

TRIAL OF TEARS - JOSEPHINE ANGELINI
*this book doesn't have a cover yet*
RELEASE DATE: September 1st 
WHY I'M EXCITED: This is the sequel to 'Trial by fire' which I read in 2014 and quite enjoyed, so I'm looking forward to see where the story goes. This series includes witches and parallel universes, and if that doesn't draw you in I don't know what will
GOODREADS: x

THE SWORD OF SUMMER - RICK RIORDAN
*this book doesn't have an official cover yet, just this nice place holder thing*
RELEASE DATE: 6th October
WHY I'M EXCITED: I've only read the 'Percy Jacson and the Olympians' series from Rick Riordan (I'm going to read the heroes of Olympus this year, I promise) but I'm already obsessed with his witty writing and fast paced stories. This series is about Norse mythology, which I basically know nothing about, and I'm super excited to read the first book.
GOODREADS: x

THE FOLLOWING BOOKS DO NOT HAVE RELEASE DATES, COVERS, AND IN SOME INSTANCES TITLES. THEY'RE ALSO IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER.

THE RAVEN CYCLE #4 (UNTITLED) - MAGGIE STIEFVATER
WHY I'M EXCITED: I love the raven cycle series. A lot. It's strange and whimsical and unique and if you haven't read the first three you should go and do that. This is the final book (*sniff*) and I'm expecting great, and heartbreaking, things. I just want it right now!
GOODREADS: x

AM I NORMAL YET? - HOLLY BOURNE
WHY I'M EXCITED: I just read 'the manifesto on how to be interesting' by this author and I'm really excited to see what else she has to offer. This book is about a girl with OCD which isn't anything I've ever read about before and I'm very interested in seeing how Holly Bourne handles this issue.
GOODREADS: x

THE FORGOTTEN CROWN - JULIE KAGAWA 
WHY I'M EXCITED: This is the third and final book in the spin of from the 'iron fey' series, and after the cliffhanger that the second book ended on I'm literally DYING to have this in my hands. I don't know when it's coming out, but I really hope it's soon.
GOODREADS: x

UNTITLED BOOK - JOHN GREEN
WHY I'M EXCITED: It's by John Green. That's all I need to say. There's absolutely zero information about this book, and I'm not entirely sure if it comes out this year or not (goodreads says yes) but I'm really freaking excited to read it.
GOODREADS: x

Which books are you looking forward to in 2015?

- Mia xx

4 comments:

  1. If you enjoyed 'the manifesto on how to be interesting', you should check out her first book 'soulmates'. It is really good though personally I didn't find it as interesting as 'the manifesto on how to be interesting'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely going to try out 'soulmates', I really liked her writing x

      Delete
  2. I was lucky enough to get a copy of Court of Thorns and Roses among other bloggers in the UK. I am holding off it 'cos May is so far away =/
    I need the second Alienated book by Melissa Landers.
    And Colleen Hoover's new book!! Any Jennifer L. Armentrout books that come out too.
    Happy reading!
    Katie @ Kitkatscanread xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie!
      Hope you enjoy a court of thorns and roses when you do read it, I've heard really good things!
      I've never read alienated or anything by Colleen Hoover and Jennifer L. Armentrout, I should get on that. There are just so many books to read!
      Thanks for commenting xxx

      Delete