Wednesday, 21 January 2015

TOP 5 WEDNESDAY: AUTHORS I WANT TO MEET

It's Wednesday again! Is it just me, or is 2015 going really fast so far? 
Anyway, the theme for this weeks top 5 Wednesday is authors you want to meet. This was kind of hard for me, I just want to meet ALL THE AUTHORS!, but I managed to cut it down to five based on 
a) how much I enjoyed their books
and
b) how interesting I think they would be to talk to.
Here they are:

*DISCLAIMER: I'm not including Cassandra Clare in this list, even though she's my favorite author, because I've already met her. She was a total sweetheart.*


5: J.K ROWLING
If I'd actually read the entire Harry Potter series J.K Rowling would probably be right at the top of my list. I haven't, so she's here at number five. I just feel like she would be a really interesting person to talk to about writing and such, and from what I've seen she seems really nice. Plus, I really need tips on how to write fantasy, seeing as I suck at it and she's practically the queen of the genre.

4: VERONICA ROTH
Our conversation would probably just consist of me shouting "WHY VERONICA? WHY?!", but whatever. The Divergent trilogy is one of my favorites, and I have a lot of things to say to Miss Roth regarding it. I'd probably try and make her re write Allegiant.

3: SUZANNE COLLINS
Again, Suzanne Collins wrote one of my favorite trilogies of all time and I have a hell of a lot to say to her. I just have so many questions about the hunger games series that I desperately need answering, and I totally need to punish her for... things that happened in Mockingjay. 

2: RAINBOW ROWELL
It's no secret that I love Rainbow Rowell. Eleanor and Park is my second favorite book of all time. Everything she writes in pretty much perfection, and I want to meet the woman behind those books so badly. I also need her to teach me how to write adorable/realistic romances, because all of her relationships are so cute and I have now idea how she manages it.

1: JOHN GREEN
Do I really need to explain? It's John Green! He's somebody that I really look up to not just as a writer, but also as a vlogger, nerdfighter, and overall human being. I admire him so much, and I want to meet him even more. Someone make this happen! 


PS: I have new bookshelves and they're absolutely beautiful! Pics coming soon, I'm in love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment