Wednesday, 28 January 2015

TOP 5 WEDNESDAY: MY FAVORITE ANTIHEROES

Hello guys, welcome back to top 5 Wednesday!
Today's topic is favorite antiheroes, which was a really hard one for me to think of. Who even counts as an antihero? IDK. Half the characters on this lest probably don't.

Here is the definition of anti hero that I used for the purpose of this post. I've heard a lot of different definitions though...this is kind of confusing.
An antihero or antiheroine is a leading character in a story who, unlike a traditional hero, lacks conventional heroic qualities such as idealism, courage, and morality.

Not all of my picks are leading characters. Oops. Sidekicks need antihero love too!

5: PETER - DIVERGENT TRILOGY
Peter is definitely more on the anti side- I hated him for most of the series- but he really did have some redeeming moments throughout the books and actually saved the day a few times. By the end of Allegiant I ended up kind of liking his character, or at least wanting him to have a decently happy ending. I'm kind of conflicted.

4: CELAENA SARDOTHIEN - THRONE OF GLASS SERIES
Celaena is strong and sarcastic and badass, but she also has occasionally questionable morals and a bloodthirsty killing streak. I love her, but you can't deny she does some things that make her worthy of being on this list.

3: JACKAL - THE BLOOD OF EDEN TRILOGY
I actually considered a few characters from this series for this list; they're all kind of messed up, and the majority of them are bloodthirsty vampires. In the end I decided Allison was just too heroic. Jackal definitely has a dark side and he does some pretty terrible things, but in the end he proves himself to be a hero, so gets a place here. 

2: KATNISS EVERDEEN - THE HUNGER GAMES TRILOGY
Katniss Everdeen is considered one of the most influential heroines of this generation. The thing is, she doesn't actually want to be a hero. All Katniss wants is to keep herself and the people she cares about alive. Bringing down the Capitol and saving the world (well, Panem) just kind of comes along with it, which is what makes her an antihero in my mind.

1: WILL HERONDALE - THE INFERNAL DEVICES TRILOGY 
It's Will Herondale...do I have to say anything else? I love him unconditionally, but the guy totally has some moral conflicts that make him worthy of a place on this list. Plus, I probably can't go one blog post without mentioning shadowhunters somewhere. It's a problem.

TOP 5 WEDNESDAY WAS CREATED BY LAINEY, AND YOU CAN FIND ALL THE INFO. IN THE GOODREADS GROUP


No comments:

Post a Comment