Wednesday, 14 January 2015

TOP 5 WEDNESDAY: SERIES I WANT TO START THIS YEAR

Hi guys! 
Firstly I have to apologize if I haven't been posting much, or if what I have said sounded like the ramblings of a lunatic. I have ten exams this week and it's totally taking over my life, but it'll be business as usual this weekend.
With that said, it's Wednesday!!! You know what that means.

Here are the top five series I want to start this year...


5: THE LYNBURN LEGACY TRILOGY - SARAH REES BRENNAN 
Not going to lie...I have no idea what this series is about. I think it's a YA paranormal, but that might be completely wrong. I've heard really good things about this series, though, and for some reason I just feel like I have to read them. That has to be a sign, right? Also I saw Sarah Rees Brennan at the Cassandra Clare signing I went to and she seemed super sweet.

4: THE MARA DYER TRILOGY - MICHELLE HODKIN
Everybody talks about this book. I feel left out. It also sounds really cool and creepy, and I've heard that Noah Shaw is going to make me swoon. That's all I needed to hear, really.

3: THE DARKEST MIND TRILOGY - ALEXANDRA BRACKEN 
This is another series that nobody will stop freaking talking about. It's supposed to be an action packed dystopian, which I love, and I've heard so many good things that I can't not read it.

2: THE CHAOS WALKING TRILOGY - PATRICK NESS
I loved 'more than this' by Patrick Ness so I'm really excited to read other things he's written! You're probably sick of hearing this by now, but I've heard SO many amazing things about these book and I can't wait to get into them.

1: THE HARRY POTTER SERIES - J.K ROWLING
Confession time...I haven't read the whole Harry Potter series. I did read the first four when I was about eight and I really loved them, but then I was intimidated by the size of the next book and I never finished the series. I've been saying that I was going to read them ever since, but I think this will finally be the year. I own all the books in the gorgeous new UK covers, and I CAN'T WAIT to read them. I'm only about fifteen years late

HONORABLE MENTIONS:
  • The Kane Chronicles - Rick Riordan
  • The Anna and the French Kiss companion series thing - Stephanie Perkins
  • The fifth wave series - Rick Yancey
  • The archived series - Victoria Shwab
  • The shatter me trilogy - Taherah Mafi

*Top 5 Wednesday was created by Lainey, and you can find all the information at the goodreads group

2 comments:

  1. One can never go wrong with Harry Potter. And there are definitely things you'll be able to appreciate better as an adult.

    I also want to read the Chaos Walking Trilogy, but I have no idea when that will happen.

    If you want to see my T5W, you can find it here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to read the Chaos Walking Trilogy! It's such an amazing series, I loved every word.

    ReplyDelete