Sunday, 8 February 2015

JANUARY BOOK HAUL

Hi guys! Here's a book haul, because I have no self control and can't stop buying books. There are worse problems to have, right? ;-)

THE SON OF NEPTUNE - RICK RIORDAN
I'm not sure if I've already mentioned this in a haul or not. Whatever. It's book two in the Heroes of Olympus series, which is totally awesome thus far, and I've already read and really enjoyed it.

THE MARK OF ATHENA - RICK RIORDAN
The third book in the Heroes of Olympus. Everything I just said applies to this one too.

THE HOUSE OF HADES - RICK RIORDAN
Book 4 in the Heroes of Olympus (this is the last one I'm talking about today, I promise.). i haven't read it yet; I'm still kind of reeling from the ending of book 3. Why Rick Riordan? WHY?

AN INSPECTOR CALLS - J.B PRIESTLEY 
I had to read this play for school. It was pretty good, actually, although I have this gross school edition that cost me £10 for 70 something pages. 

I AM THE MESSENGER - MARKUS ZUSAK
I only got this book because I love the Book Thief so much, but I read it yesterday and OH MY GOD IT WAS AMAZING. I'm not sure whether I'm going to write a full review or not yet, but I'm totally recommending this book to you all. I'm just in awe of Markus Zusak's writing.

MARLY'S GHOST - DAVID LEVITHAN 
Another book I've already read, and really enjoyed. It's kind of a valentines day version of A Christmas Carol so if you want to read it now is the time!

SOULMATES - HOLLY BOURNE
My friend Christine had been telling me to read this book every day since I can remember, and I finally went and brought it. I'm planning on reading it this month to fulfill my TBR jar challenge (which you can find out more about if you read my most recent post!)

THE 100 - KASS MORGAN
Last month I binge watched the 100 TV show, and I'm now completely obsessed. It only made sense to buy the book. I'm currently reading it, so watch out for a review!

ALL THE BRIGHT PLACES - JENNIFER NIVEN 
I've not read this yet but I've heard so many good things! It sounds really sad (I believe it revolves around suicide, so if that's going effect you you might want to stay clear), but I like sad books.

HEROES - ROBERT CORMIER 
Another book I needed to buy for school. I need to read it before we start studying it next half term.

DAY 21 - KASS MORGAN
I got this book and the two that follow it at the works on 3 for £5! How could I pass that up? I was super excited to see this one on offer as I'm sure I'm going to want to read it when I finish the 100 and I was planning on buying it for full price.

THE YEAR OF THE RAT - CLAIRE FURNISS  
I kept seeing this book in the shop and thinking it looked interesting, so when I saw it on offer I had to buy it.

GLASS HOUSES - RACHEL CAINE
I have a few friends that absolutely love this series (Hi Sam and Jess, if you're reading this) but I was never really that interested and I just didn't want to get involved in such a huge series (I think there's like 15 books. Aint nobody got time for that). I needed one more book to get 3 for £5, though, so I decided to give it a go. 

That's it, folks! Let me know if there are any of these books you particularly want a review on and I'll definitely try and make it happen ASAP. Have a good week :)


No comments:

Post a Comment