Sunday, 1 February 2015

READING WRAPUP: JAN 2015

Hey guys! Here are all the books I read in January.
There are quite a lot (11 and a half! Woah!) so let's just get into it...


1: THE DISREPUTABLE HISTORY OF FRANKIE LANDAU-BANKS
AUTHOR: E. Lockhart
PAGES: 270/342 (I read the first 72 pages last month)
SERIES: none
THOUGHTS: I really enjoyed this book! You can read my full review HERE!
RATING: 4/5 stars


2: THE LOST HERO
AUTHOR: Rick Riordan
PAGES: 554
SERIES: the Heroes of Olympus (book 1)
THOUGHTS: I read the first three books of this series this month, and it's SO GOOD! Really loved this first book, although I missed the characters from the original Percy Jackson series.
RATING: 4.5/5 stars


3: THE GIFT OF CHARMS
AUTHOR: Julia Suzuki
PAGES: 208
SERIES: the land of Dragor (book 1)
THOUGHTS: A fun, enjoyable middle grade book! My full review is HERE
RATING: 4/5 stars


4: AN INSPECTOR CALLS

AUTHOR: J.B Priestley
PAGES: 72
SERIES: none
THOUGHTS: This is a play, and I had to read it for school. (GCSE English Lit exam next year! Help!) I actually really enjoyed it. I've really enjoyed all of my school texts so far this year, is that weird?

RATING: 4.25/5 stars

5: IT'S KIND OF A FUNNY STORY

AUTHOR: Ned Vizzini
PAGES: 444
SERIES: none
THOUGHTS: I loved this book! It was so insightful and funny and FEELS!

RATING: 4.5/5 stars

6: THE SON OF NEPTUNE
AUTHOR: Rick Riordan
PAGES: 511
SERIES: The heroes of Olympus (book 2)
THOUGHTS: Everything I want to say about this book is spoilery. Let's just stick with it was epic and I loved it even more than the first!

RATING: 5/5 stars

7: TALON
AUTHOR: Julie Kagawa
PAGES: 445
SERIES: Talon (book 1)
THOUGHTS: It's by Julie Kagawa. It's about dragons. I loved it, duh. Full review HERE!

RATING: 4.5/5 stars

8: ME AND MR J
AUTHOR: Rachel McIntyre
PAGES: 309
SERIES: none
THOUGHTS: Unfortunately this book just wasn't for me :( Full review HERE

RATING: 2.75/5 stars

9: THE MARK OF ATHENA
AUTHOR: Rick Riordan
PAGES: 586
SERIES: The heroes of Olympus (book 3)
THOUGHTS: This was definitely the best book of the series so far. It was so epic. And the ending...THE ENDING.

RATING: 5/5 stars

10: LOVE HURTS
AUTHOR: Various authors, edited by Malorie Blackman
PAGES: 547
SERIES: none
THOUGHTS: There were loads of cute and powerful stories in here (it's an anthology) but I really wish there was more original content. Full review HERE

RATING: 3.5/5 stars

11: MARLY'S GHOST

AUTHOR: David Levithan
PAGES: 166
SERIES: none
THOUGHTS: This is a 'remix' of a Christmas carol by Charles Dickens. It's kind of a valentines day version, and I thought it was a really interesting book. 

RATING: 4/5 stars

12: HOW TO FLY WITH BROKEN WINGS
AUTHOR: Jane Elson
PAGES: ???  (I got it from netgalley, and I can't find the page count anywhere)
SERIES: none
THOUGHTS: A super cute middle grade book! I should have a review up tomorrow 

RATING: 3/5 stars

TOTAL BOOKS READ: Almost 12
TOTAL PAGES READ: 4112 + how to fly with broken wings
AVERAGE STAR RATING: 4.15

3 comments:

  1. Would you recommend 'Marly's host's because I have been thinking about getting it for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would! My only problem was that it was really short so it could have done with more development but I still really enjoyed the story

      Delete
    2. Thanks I'll definitely check that out next time I go to waterstone's

      Delete