Wednesday, 4 February 2015

TOP 5 WEDNESDAY: FUTURISTIC BOOKS

Happy Wednesday everyone! This weeks topic for top 5 Wednesday is books set in the future, and I have a lot to choose from! Who doesn't love a glimpse into the future, no matter how dark and twisted it may be? I just hope the world doesn't turn out like in any of these books.

5: MORE THAN THIS - PATRICK NESS
I talked about this book in my top 14 books of 2014, so you know that I loved it. I think this book offers a new and unique take on futuristic YA that is so intriguing and great to read about. It's kind of slow and very mind fuck-y (add that one to the dictionary) but I would totally recommend it to anyone.

4: THE HOST - STEPHANIE MEYER
It's been a while since I read this book, so I can't remember too much about it. I do remember that it was brilliant and it totally tore my heart apart. Some parts are kind of boring and hard to get through, but it's all so worth it in the end. Don't judge it from the movie. Don't judge it from Stephanie Meyer's other books. Just read it.

3: THE DIVERGENT TRILOGY - VERONICA ROTH
You all know about divergent. Everybody knows about divergent. It was one of the first series I read after I finished the Hunger Games trilogy (more on those books later) and I really fell in love with it. Although I agree that the trilogy went downhill after the first book I still really love the story and it has a special place in my little fangirl heart. 

2: THE BLOOD OF EDEN TRILOGY - JULIE KAGAWA
Think you're done with vampires after the whole twilight thing? Don't let that stop you from reading the Immortal Rules. I feel like I've talked about my love for this trilogy- and Julie Kagawa as an author- a ton on this blog, but I promise there's a reason behind it. This trilogy is action packed and original and totally full of feels. I love it so much. It's about vampires primarily, but it's set in a dystopian future. 

1: THE HUNGER GAMES TRILOGY - SUZANNE COLLINS
Apologies for my number one being so freaking predictable. Do I even have to say anything about these books? I mean...it's the Hunger Games. This was the first YA book I ever read, and if it wasn't for Suzanne Collins I wouldn't be the reader I am today. I probably wouldn't even have read any of the other awesome books on this list. Of course I adore the characters and the story, but it's the influence it's had on me that will always keep this trilogy as one of my favorites. 

BONUS TV MENTION - THE 100
I managed to watch all the available episodes in the past week and a half, and I'm kind of obsessed (Not kind of. Not kind of at all). It's brutal and epic and it's torn my heart out. I can't even. You should all watch it. I haven't read the book yet, but I'm planning on it soon. 
Who's nervously anticipating tonight's episode? Mia is!
WE GOTTA SAVE BELLAMY 

TOP 5 WEDNESDAY WAS CREATED BY LAINEY, AND ALL THE INFORMATION CAN BE FOUND IN THE GOODREADS GROUP

2 comments:

  1. Oo I really want to read More Than This. Big Patrick Ness fan! I also read The 100 last week (and am doing a giveaway of the first book!) and found it really interesting. Made myself read before I watched the TV show, but now I can't wait to start it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More than this is the only Patrick Ness book I've read, but I really want to read more. I'm really loving the TV show (season two is the best). Hopefully I'll get to the book really soon!

      Delete