Thursday, 12 February 2015

VALENTINES SPECIAL: MY FAVORITE ROMANTIC BOOKS

Hi guys! 
you probably know that Valentines day is this Saturday (do you have a date? I have my books!), and to celebrate I wanted to do a few special romantic posts. With red writing! I'm just that creative.

There's going to be one Valentines themed post a day up until the fourteenth, starting today with my favorite ROMANTIC BOOKS!

Now, these aren't all typical cutesy contemporary romances. I just don't read a lot of those. The only rule these books had to meet was having strong romantic themes in them, and at least one adorable couple. They had to make me squeal, or cry, or just melt on the inside. Let's get started!


EVERYTHING RAINBOW ROWELL HAS EVER WRITTEN
It should have been established by now that I adore Rainbow Rowell. A lot. She has written four books (Eleanor and Park, Fangirl, Attachments and Landline) and every single one of them is amazing and very romantic. I've put Eleanor and Park here for the picture because it's my favorite of all her books, and also because I think it's probably the one with the strongest romance. I could go on forever about this woman and her books, but I need to do my homework. Just know that she writes romance like nobody else.

THE FAULT IN OUR STARS - JOHN GREEN
You all know about the fault in our stars. Pretty much everybody in the world knows about the fault in our stars. If you haven't read it (go read it! NOW!), you've probably seen the movie. Despite all the hype this is one of my absolute favorite books of all time and the romance in it is beautiful. What else is there to say?

THE INFERNAL DEVICES TRILOGY - CASSANDRA CLARE
We've been over my love for the infernal devices before. I feel like I rave about it in every other blog post, but that's only because it's my favorite series of all time. The romance in these books are amazing, there are just so many adorable couples! I never know who to ship! I just love this trilogy so much. 

TWO BOYS KISSING - DAVID LEVITHAN
Here's another book I talk about all the time! This is such a boring list. To be honest, two boys kissing doesn't really focus on the romantic story lines a lot. I just recommend this book to everyone in all situations because I love it and I think it's a really important addition to the young adult genre.

That's all I have for today. Go read these books, you won't regret it!  Watch out for tomorrows post about my favorite romantic scenes in books. It's going to be squee-worthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment