Sunday, 22 March 2015

BOOK HAUL (FEB-MARCH)

So, I haven't done a book haul in forever (well, the last one was in January, but close enough).
 Here are all the books I've brought/received since then!

TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD - HARPER LEE
Everybody knows about this book. I've already read it (as mentioned in my February wrap up), and I loved it. What else is there to say? 

MENTAL - JUSTICE SERAI
I received this book for review via. xpressobooktours.com, and I'm pretty excited to read it. I know it's about a girl who goes to a mental hospital but that's all. Review coming soon! (I need to read it first)

THE DARKEST PART OF THE FOREST - HOLLY BLACK
I've been wanting to read this book for ages (it was even in my most anticipated 2015 releases), but I only managed to pick it up yesterday. I love Holly's writing and the premise sounds really interesting so I think I'm going to enjoy this!

A DARKER SHADE OF MAGIC - V.E SCHWAB 
I love anything set in London, and this book involves MULTIPLE LONDONS! That's all I know, but it's all I needed to hear.

EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING - NICOLA YOON
I got this book for review from netgalley (I'm kind of obsessed with netgalley). It's about a girl who's basically allergic to everything, and I think it's a love story. It's not out until September though, so it's probably going to be a while until you see a review.

THE GIRL AT MIDNIGHT - MELISSA GREY
I'm currently about 10% into reading this book, and I am REALLY enjoying it so far. It's being compared a lot to 'daughter of smoke and bone', which I can't verify because I haven't read that series. If you like YA fantasy I think you're going to love this.

THE DUFF - KODY KEPLINGER 
I received this book for review via. netgalley in preparation for the movie, which is released in the UK next month. I've heard a lot of good things about it over the years so I'm excited to finally read it.

HOMECOMING - KASS MORGAN
I've already read this, and I really enjoyed it. The series overall is quick and entertaining, and I think if you're already a fan of the TV show (like I am) you'll really like seeing more of the characters.

THE SIN EATERS DAUGHTER - MELINDA SALISBURY
Again, I've already read this, and again, I really enjoyed it. I'll have more information about my thoughts in my March wrap-up.

KILLING THE DEAD - MARCUS SEDGWICK
This is one of those little £1 novella thingies that come out every world book day. I've been wanting to check out Marcus Sedgwick's writing for ages, and I thought this would be a good (and cheap) way to start out.

HOLD ME CLOSER - DAVID LEVITHAN
If you've read 'Will Grayson, Will Grayson', 'Hold me closer' is basically the script of the musical Tiny performs in that book. If you haven't read 'Will Grayson, Will Grayson' DO IT, and then read this. It was one of the most camp, ridiculous things I've ever read and I loved it so much.

THE FALL OF ICARUS - OVID
This is part of the penguin little black classics range, which are currently 80p at Waterstones. I like Greek mythology a lot, so I'm excited to read this.

THE BEAUTIFUL CASSANDRA - JANE AUSTEN
I LOVED Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, and I really want to read more of her writing. This is a collection of short stories she wrote as a teenager to entertain her family, and I'm pretty sure it's just going to teach me that teenaged Jane Austen was more talented than I will ever be.

THE NIGHT DARKENS AROUND ME - EMILY BRONTE
I haven't read anything by any of the Brontes, but I've heard they're all brilliant writers. This collection of poems was just too cheap to pass up!

SHADOWS - ILSA J. BICK
This is actually the second book in the 'ashes' trilogy, and I don't own any of the others. I've heard really good things about this series though, and I'm sure I'll pick up the first book at some point. Plus, this book was only £2 so I couldn't pass it up.

A THOUSAND SPLENDID SUNS - KHALED HOUSSINI
My mum has told me a million times that this dude is a really great writer, so when I saw this book for really cheap I had to buy it. She also tells me his books are really sad...this could be fun.

That's all for now! I've probably forgotten a ton, but oh well.

SIDENOTE: I'm watching the pilot of Agent Carter whilst writing this and I love it. Peggy is my new Queen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment