Monday, 2 March 2015

FEBRUARY 2015 WRAP UP

Hello there!
I had a really great reading month in February! (mostly down to the #projecttbr readathon, which you can read more about HERE and HERE!)
I read a total of fifteen books (!!!!), so let's just get started:
1: I AM THE MESSENGER - MARKUS ZUSAK
DATES READ: 1st-7th February
QUICK THOUGHTS: I loved this book a lot. Seriously. It was brilliantly written, moving and inspirational (but not as good as the Book Thief, which happens to be in my top 5 favorite books ever). Markus Zusak is a genius. I don't think I have enough thoughts to write a full review, but I HIGHLY recommend it.
PAGES: 460
RATING: 5/5 :D


2: THE 100 - KASS MORGAN
DATES READ: 7-8th Feb.
QUICK THOUGHTS: I'm totally biased because I'm obsessed with the TV show and I was already really attached to the characters and such, but I really enjoyed reading this book! Personally, I do really prefer the show (they're really different, though, so don't worry about being spoiled), but I thought this book was really fast paced and fun to read.
PAGES: 323
RATING: 4/5 :)


3: THE HAUNTING OF SUNSHINE GIRL - PAIGE MCKENZIE
DATES READ: 8-10th Feb.
QUICK THOUGHTS: I thought this book was fun and intriguing, with just enough creepiness to give me chills but not nightmares. 
FULL REVIEW: X
PAGES: 304
RATING: 4/5 :)

4: THE HOUSE OF HADES - RICK RIORDAN
DATES READ: 11-14th 
QUICK THOUGHTS: Ahhhhh I loved it. I think this was actually my favorite book in the 'Heroes of Olympus' series, which is saying a lot. The main reason is that Annabeth Chase is  pretty much the love of my life and she was super badasss in this book and HELL YEAH GIRL! (sorry about that), but it was a good book overall
PAGES: 581
RATING: 4.75/5 :D

5: ALL FALL DOWN - ALLY CARTER
DATES READ: 14-15th 2015
QUICK THOUGHTS: This was my first Ally Carter book, and I wasn't disappointed! It was fun and fast paced, and I'm really interested to see where this story goes.
FULL REVIEW: X
PAGES: 320
RATING: 4/5 :)

6: HEROES - ROBERT CORMIER
DATES READ: 16th March 2015
QUICK THOUGHTS: I had to read this book for school, but I actually quite liked it. Yay! It's also less than a hundred and fifty pages, so even if I'd hated it it only would have taken me a couple of hours to read.
PAGES:129
RATING: 4/5 :)

7: DAY 21 - KASS MORGAN
DATES READ: 16th March 2015 (I read 3 books on this day. It was exhausting) 
QUICK THOUGHTS: Pretty much everything I said about the first book applies to this one. It's not necessarily the most developed or action packed series ever, but I really enjoyed reading them. Also, pretty much my favorite thing about the books is that Bellarke is canon and I love them. Who's ready for the season 2 finale?! 
PAGES: 311
RATING: 4/5 :)

8: SEED - LISA HEATHFIELD
DATES READ: 16th March 2015
QUICK THOUGHTS: I feel like I've talked about this book a ton, but that's only because I loved it. I just have a weird thing about cults. Cults are really interesting. Read my review for more info!
FULL REVIEW: X
PAGES: 336
RATING: 4.5/5 :)

9: THE SHAM - ELLEN ALLEN
DATES READ: 17th March 2015
QUICK THOUGHTS: Unfortunately, I wasn't a huge fan of this book. I'm going to write a full review soon, but I felt like it was really unbelievable and the plot was all over the place.
PAGES: 248
RATING: 2.5/5 :)

10: SOULMATES - HOLLY BOURNE
DATES READ: 18-19th March 2015
QUICK THOUGHTS: This is my best friends favorite book, so my expectations were really high. For the first half I didn't they were going to be met, but as the story went on I got really invested in the relationship and the ending KILLED ME. I still prefer 'the manifesto on how to be interesting', I really enjoyed this book. 
PAGES: 527
RATING: 4.5/5 :)

11: TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD - HARPER LEE
DATES READ: 19-21st March 2015
QUICK THOUGHTS: What can I say about to kill a mockingbird? It was beautiful and thought provoking and so well written and I loved it. So much. Everybody who's been telling me to read this book for the last five years was totally right. Atticus Finch is the bestest.
PAGES: 309
RATING: 5/5 :D

12: WE ALL LOOKED UP - TOMMY WALLACH
DATES READ: 22nd March 2015
QUICK THOUGHTS: This was a really gritty and thoughtful take on the apocalypse story, set in the few weeks before the asteroid hits Earth. I thought this book had really amazing writing and a great variety of characters, and overall I really enjoyed it.
FULL REVIEW: X
PAGES: 384
RATING: 4/5 :D

13: THE BLOOD OF OLYMPUS - RICK RIORDAN
DATES READ: 23-24th March 2015
QUICK THOUGHTS: It's over D: What am I supposed to do with my life now? I had kind of low expectations going into this because I'd heard a lot of negative things, and although I definitely agree with a lot of things people were saying (not enough Percy and Annabeth, anticlimactic ending etc.) and it wasn't my favorite in the series I still thought it was really epic.
PAGES: 500
RATING: 4.5/5 :D

14: ALL THE BRIGHT PLACES - JENNIFER NIVEN 

DATES READ: 25th March 2015
QUICK THOUGHTS: THIS BOOK BROKE ME. I don't even want to think about it. Don't read it. Don't do this to yourself. (but do really because it's beautiful and haunting and everyone should read it. Just made sure you have tissues handy.) Full review coming when I can get my emotions in line!
PAGES: 378
RATING: 5/5 :D

15: STEALING PHOENIX - JOSS STIRLING
DATES READ: 26-28th March 2015
QUICK THOUGHTS: Stealing Phoenix was a fun read, with a pretty interesting plot. Unfortunately the insta-love ruled over everything and the ending was ridiculous. Meh.
PAGES: 264
RATING: 3/5 :D

STATS TIME!
BOOKS READ: 15
PAGES READ: 6157
AVERAGE PAGES PER BOOK: 410
AVERAGE RATING: 4.516


No comments:

Post a Comment