Wednesday, 18 March 2015

TOP 5 WEDNESDAY: BOOKISH HABITS


Hello there!
Today's top five Wednesday is probably going to piss a lot of people off, so if you don't like people who write in/dog ear/otherwise vandalize books you might want to go away. Sorry. That being said, here are five of my bookish habits (in no particular order).

 DOG EAR-ING PAGES:
I lose everything. EVERYTHING. My bookmarks don't stand a chance. I have to dog ear my pages, there's no way I could find where I'm up to otherwise.

WRITING IN THE FRONT:
In the front of every book I read I write my name, the date I read it, and sometimes a little bit about what I thought about it. I think it's a nice way to be able to remember what I've read and when, and I can look back on it in years to come. And even if I end up giving the books away, at least people will know who has read them before. 

HIGHLIGHTING AND POST-IT NOTES:
I highlight quotes I like. I stick post it notes every time there's a scene that sticks in my mind. Most of my favorite books are totally covered. I know a lot of people just see it as me making a mess in my precious books, but I think it's a great way to be able to find the scenes and quotes I want to read again. And it's weirdly satisfying sticking post-it notes on things.

DUST JACKETS OFF: 
I can't read my hardbacks with the dust jackets on. I can't do it. They just slide around everywhere and get ripped in my bag and annoy the Hell out of me.

PLAYLISTS:
For every book I read, I need a specific playlist. First I head to 8tracks.com (which is, like, my heaven) and see if there are any that other people have made for the book I'm reading. If it's a popular book there are a ton to choose from, but if not then I make my own based on the genre and tone of the book. Is that weird?

TOP 5 WEDNESDAY WAS CREATED BY GINGERREADSLAINEY, AND YOU CAN FIND ALL THE INFORMATION IN THE GOODREADS GROUP!

3 comments:

  1. I do all of those things except putting sticky note on my favourite quotes because I always manage to lose them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never listened to a playlist while reading a book. I should try that sometime. And I definitely also use post-it notes to remind me where my favorite quotes are or to mark a scene I though was of high importance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the playlist thing is a great idea! I've only done it once for a readathon challenge, but I'll have to try that out.

    ReplyDelete