Wednesday, 4 March 2015

TOP 5 WEDNESDAY: BOOKS I'D SAVE IN A FIRE

It feels like forever since I did a top 5 Wednesday post! This weeks topic is the top five books you'd save in a fire, which is a really horrible thing to think about and it hurts my heart. (It also fits pretty well with the novel I'm writing, so there's that) 

I decided to pick books that are A) really expensive, B) signed or C) have special sentimental value, because if I tried to pick my favorites I'd never cut it down.

They're in no particular order, apart from number one. Number one is, like, my prized possession. Also I picked seven instead of five because there was no way I was leaving any of these books, and I could totally carry seven books and run at the same time.

 THE FAULT IN OUR STARS - JOHN GREEN (MY ORIGINAL COPY)
I love this book SO MUCH. It's definitely in my top five favorite books of all time. In fact, I love it so much that I own three different copies of it. The one I'd grab particularly in a fire is the first copy I brought, just after it came out, because this is the copy that made me fall in love with the story and pretty much changed my life. It also has crinkly edges because I've cried on it so many times. This book just means a lot to me, okay?

FANGIRL - RAINBOW ROWELL (SPECIAL EDITION) 
'Fangirl' is another book I absolutely adore, and it has a really special place in my heart. I'd specifically save this hardback special edition because it's absolutely gorgeous and it has bonus content and I love it. (and it was pretty expensive; hardbacks always are)

CLOCKWORK PRINCESS - CASSANDRA CLARE
This is my favorite book of all time. Ever. I could never just watch it burn. Also, I do have the 'collector's first edition' and I'm not sure if you can get this copy anywhere anymore. 

MARSHMALLOW SKYE - CATHY CASSIDY (SIGNED COPY)
When I was younger, Cathy Cassidy was my ultimate favorite author. (This was before I discovered the Hunger Games and it led me to the wonderful world of YA) Needless to say, when my school announced she was going to be coming in to do a signing little year 7 me was ridiculously excited. I'd never really want to re-read it, but it meant so much to me at the time and I can't imagine it being burned.

PRIDE AND PREJUDICE - JANE AUSTEN (MUMS COPY)
Oh look, it's yet another book I love and talk about all the time! The copy I own was actually originally my mums (she loves this book too! We've totally bonded over it.) and she passed it down for me to read. Thanks mum!

THE LION THE WITCH AND THE WARDROBE - C.S LEWIS
I guess it should be obvious that I love the Chronicles of Narnia books. I named my blog after them. 'The lion the witch of the wardrobe' is my favorite in the series, and the one that got me into the whole Narnia world. It's been such a huge part of my life, and I can't imagine not having read them. Plus, I've had this copy since I was a little kid so it has a ton of sentimental value.


NUMBER 1: CITY OF HEAVENLY FIRE - CASSANDRA CLARE (SIGNED COPY)
I met Cassandra Clare! My Queen! This is the most precious book on my shelf, partly because I love the story and it was a great conclusion to one of my favorite series, but mostly because it's signed by my favorite author. It's not even just signed to Mia; it's signed to Mia Carstairs, which makes me super happy. This book is just completely irreplaceable.

TOP 5 WEDNESDAY WAS CREATED BY GINGERREADSLAINEY, AND YOU CAN FIND OUT MORE AT THE GOODREADS GROUP







No comments:

Post a Comment