Wednesday, 25 March 2015

TOP 5 WEDNESDAY: WORST SERIES ENDERS

Series enders are notorious for being disappointing. You read a whole series, you get connected to the characters, you watch the tension build for the big finale, and then...well, sometimes it just doesn't go well.
Here are 5 of my least favorite last books in series! (in no particular order.)

NOTE: this isn't to say these are terrible books, I actually enjoyed most of them, it's just that they didn't live up to the standard set by the rest of the series.
 THE DEATH CURE - JAMES DASHNER (final book in the maze runner trilogy)
To be fair, I don't know if the whole of this book is bad. I didn't finish it. I still don't know how this series ends. I enjoyed the first two books in the maze runner trilogy, but I just couldn't get into this one at all. Maybe I'll try and read it again some time.

THE LAST BATTLE - C.S LEWIS (final book in the chronicles of Narnia)
I love the chronicles of Narnia a LOT (if you couldn't tell that from my blog name), but even though I haven't read this book in years I can remember finding it being pretty disappointing when I was younger. I just don't like this one thing that happened, which I won't spoil, and I found the last battle itself a little bit anticlimactic. 

ALLEGIANT - VERONICA ROTH (final book in the Divergent trilogy)
I'm sure this book is on a ton of peoples lists today, but it kind of deserves it. Unlike a lot of people it wasn't that thing that ruined the book for me (I wasn't happy about it, don't get me wrong, but I do understand why Veronica made that decision), but I thought it was a bit muddled and confusing, the dual POV wasn't very well done and I wasn't a huge fan of where the story went. I still adore this series overall!

SPECIALS - SCOTT WESTERFELD (final book in the Uglies trilogy)
I know there's a companion, but this is technically the last book in the trilogy so I'm counting it. This is one of my least favorite books of all time, primarily because the main character Tally was absolutely unbearable. It was also anticlimactic and unsatisfying. Ugh.

MOCKINGJAY - SUZANNE COLLINS (final book in The Hunger Games trilogy)
I didn't hate this book as much as a lot of people did. In fact, I didn't hate it at all, it's just no where near as good as the first two books in the series (which I absolutely adore.) Unfortunately it is rushed and anticlimactic and has a severe lack of Peeta Mellark. Never the less, The Hunger Games trilogy is one of my favorites of all time.

TOP 5 WEDNESDAY WAS CREATED BY GINGERREADSLAINEY AND YOU CAN FIND ALL THE INFORMATION IN THE GOODREADS GROUP

2 comments:

  1. Great list. I am sure Allegiant made a lot of lists...including mine, but for other reasons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allegiant was so disappointing! It's such a shame, I loved the series so much at the start.

      Delete