Sunday, 5 April 2015

ANOTHER BOOK HAUL

Hi guys!
I know my last book haul was less than two weeks ago (you can see that one HERE), but I've already acquired nine books since then. 

After I've posted this, I'm putting myself on a book buying/requesting ban so I can catch up on some books I have for review. Hopefully you won't see another haul for a while!



DELICATE MONSTERS - STEPHANIE KUEHN
I don't know what this book is about (I don't know what a lot of these books are about, so I'm probably going to repeat myself a ton. Sorry), but it was on netgalley and I've heard really good things about Stephanie Kuehn's other book, charm and strange
It's released on JUNE 9TH, so I'll have a review up closer to then.

THE WITCH HUNTER - VIRGINIA BOECKER
This is another netgalley book (I'm kind of obsessed, that's why I'm going on a ban). I'm assuming it's about someone who hunts witches. 
The witch hunter is released JUNE 2ND, and I'll have a review up near the release date.

'89 WALLS - KATIE PIERSON
Netgalley again. I have no self control. I thought the cover of this book looked pretty cool, and it's a romance set in 1989.
'89 Walls is released on June 5th, and, of course, I'll have a review up closer to the release date.

FINDING AUDREY - SOPHIE KINSELLA
I've never read a Sophie Kinsella books but I've heard so many great things about her writing, so when I saw this on netgalley I just had to request it. I think this is her first YA book, and I'm super excited to get to it.
Finding Audrey is released on JUNE 9TH, and I will have a review up closer to the release date.

FIVE WOUNDS - KATHARINE EDGAR
After I mentioned in a blog post that I was going on a trip to York this month, Katharine Edgar contacted me on twitter to say she had a book with scenes set in York and she would be happy to send me a copy to review. Thank you Katharine! Of course I said yes, and even though I'm not sure if I'll be able to get to this book before my trip I'm really excited to read it.

THE DARK LIGHT - JULIA BELL 
I told myself I wasn't going to request any more books on netgalley, but the synopsis for this really sucked me in. Oops. I think it involves LGBT and religious themes, which are two things I really like reading about.
The dark light is released on July 16th, and I will have a review up closer to the release date.

EMMA - JANE AUSTEN
After reading, and loving, pride and prejudice last year, I've really been wanting to pick up another one of Jane Austen's novels. I chose Emma in particular because I really want to watch the Emma approved web series (I LOVED the Lizzie Bennet diaries), and I'm really looking forward to getting into it.

WUTHERING HEIGHTS - EMILY BRONTE
The Vintage classics were on buy one get one half price at W.H Smiths, so I had to pick this one up. I've heard lots of great things about Wuthering heights and I'm really looking forward to finally reading something from one of the Bronte sisters.

SIMON VS. THE HOMO SAPIENS AGENDA - BECKY ALBERTALLI
I've been hearing fabulous things about this book recently, and the synopsis sounds really interesting, so when I saw it in Waterstones earlier I had to pick it up. I think this might actually be the next book I read!


No comments:

Post a Comment