Friday, 24 April 2015

DEWEYS 24 HOUR READATHON: TBR

Hi everyone!

Tomorrow I'll be taking part in DEWEYS 24 HOUR READATHON for the first time, and I'm pretty nervous about it. 

If you don't know, Deweys 24 hour readathon is a readathon where participants try and read as much as they possibly can in just 24 hours. You can find out everything about it (and sign up really last minute!) on the WEBSITE!

For me, in the UK, the readathon starts at 1pm on Saturday 25th April and finishes on 1pm on Sunday 26th April.

Today I want to share the books I want to try and get to during the readathon, and my plans regarding how I'm going to keep everyone updated/how I'm going to survive. Let's do this!

 MY TBR
1: Five wounds - Katharine Edgar...This book was sent to me by the author what feels like forever ago, and I really want to get round to reading and reviewing it. It sounds really interesting, and I don't think it's too long, so hopefully I should be able to get through it.
2: The fall of Icarus - Ovid...This book, if you can even call it that, is only 55 pages long. Perfect for a readathon! It's one of the penguin little black classics, so hopefully it will only take me an hour or so to read.
3: The coldest girl in coldtown - Holly Black...It's unlikely I'm going to get to this book, however excited I am to read it. I'm going to read the other three first then if I have time I'll get started on this. I can't wait to get into it!
4: The night is darkening around me - Emily Bronte...Another one of the little black classics (they're only 80p! I couldn't help myself). This one is a poetry collection and less than 60 pages long, so I think I should be able to get through it really quickly.

In the unlikely event of me finishing all of these books in 24 hours, I have TONS of netgalley books that I need to read and review. There will definitely not be a shortage of reading material.


MY PLANS

  • I will be posting updates throughout the 24 hours on my TWITTER, so you can follow me to see what I'm up to. 
  • I will also be rating and shelving the books I read on GOODREADS.
  • I'll be posting a wrap up of everything I read on the 26th, complete with mini reviews and some thoughts about my experience.
  • I AM NOT STAYING UP FOR THE WHOLE 24 HOURS! No way. It's not happening. I will, however, try not to sleep in and miss twelve hours of possible sleeping time.  
  • I will have snacks. Lots of snacks. ALL of the snacks.
GOOD LUCK to everyone taking part in the readathon. We can do this! (Well, you can. I'm probably going to fail)

No comments:

Post a Comment