Sunday, 26 April 2015

DEWEYS 24 HOUR READATHON WRAP-UP

Deweys 24 hour readathon is OVER! 

I read (almost) two novels and one really short poetry collection, which gave me a total of 633 pages.

I didn't end up reading as much as I wanted to over the 24 hours, BUT I did go shopping, and I went to the cinema (Age of Ultron was epic. Totally worth it) and I had  6+ hours of sleep, so I think I did quite well considering how much time I actually had to read. 

Without further ado, let's get into the books I managed to read...

1: AWOKEN - SARAH NOFFKE
I read the first 50 pages of this book before the readathon started, so I ended up reading 265 pages of it during the first half of readathon. I have a full review coming tomorrow as part of the blog tour, but I'll tell you now that I enjoyed it and I gave it 4/5 stars! 

2: THE NIGHT IS DARKENING ROUND ME - EMILY BRONTE
I needed a little break from Awoken, so I decided to spend hour seven reading some poetry. I read all 55 pages of this book in the hour, and I have to say that even though I'm not always a massive fan of poetry I found most of the poems in this collection incredibly beautiful and moving. If you're wanting to pick up any of the little black classics, and if you like poetry at all, I highly recommend this! I gave it 4.25/5 stars.

3: FIVE WOUNDS - KATHARINE EDGAR
I read the entirety of this book today, and I finished it just twenty minutes before the readathon ended at 1pm. I really enjoyed it (I really enjoyed all the books I read, thank god) but I did feel like it was a little bit slow and I probably would have liked it more if I hadn't been trying to read so fast and was able to take breaks from the story. I'll have a full review up here soon! The book was 323 pages long, and I ended up giving it a 3.5/5 stars.

I had a great time during the readathon and I'm definitely going to do it again, but next time I'll try and be more dedicated and not sleep/watch movies/shop for the majority of the time. I really didn't think that through. 

Well done to everyone else who took part! You all did great! Wooooo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment