Wednesday, 22 April 2015

TOP 5 WEDNESDAY: BOOKS THAT FEATURE TRAVELLING

Hello!
It's Wednesday once again, and this weeks topic is TOP 5 BOOKS THAT FEATURE TRAVELLING. The books can be any genre and include any different types of travelling, just as long as the characters go somewhere.

This topic was kind of hard for me because I had SO MANY books to choose from. I tried to include all types of travelling and not just road trip books (even though road trip books are some of my favorites) 

Let's get started...



5: PASSION - LAUREN KATE
I'm not the biggest fan of the Fallen series (this is the third book), and although this installment is by far my favorite there were still a lot of aspects that really got on my nerves. What I did really enjoy about it, however, was the element of time travel incorporated into the story. I loved seeing the different time periods and locations and overall it made this book a lot more interesting than the others in the series. 

4. THE GIRL AT MIDNIGHT - MELISSA GREY
The girl at midnight is released on APRIL 28th, and it's one of my favorite books of the year so far. It involves magic and mystery and badass characters and quite a bit of travelling around in various different ways. I wrote a full review, which you can read HERE, and I definitely recommend you pick this up when it's out.

3: THE HOUSE OF HADES - RICK RIORDAN
All of the heroes of Olympus books involve a lot of travelling, and all of them are brilliant, but I chose The House of Hades because it's my favorite in the series. I'm not going to say where Percy and Annabeth travel through in this book, but if you've read it you know exactly what I'm talking about. 

2: PAPER TOWNS - JOHN GREEN 
I love this book as a whole, but it's the road trip in the last quarter that really sticks in my mind. Again, if you've read it you know what I'm talking about. I mentioned earlier that I love reading about roadtrips, and the one in this book is so hilarious and crazy and fun to read about. 

1: A DARKER SHADE OF MAGIC - V.E SCHWAB 
No matter how many times I mention this book on my blog, I can't quite express how much I loved it. It involves travelling between alternate versions of London, which is the coolest concept ever (I love London. I love magical, fantasy versions of London even more. I swear this book was written just to please me.) and also fits this theme really well. Yesterday I reacted to the title and cover of the second book in this series, and you can read that HERE!

TOP 5 WEDNESDAY WAS CREATED BY LAINEY, AND YOU CAN FIND ALL OF THE INFORMATION IN THE GOODREADS GROUP. THANKS FOR READING!



No comments:

Post a Comment