Thursday, 16 April 2015

TOP 5 WEDNESDAY: MOST FRUSTRATING CHARACTERS

Hi guys!

It's not Wednesday, and this list has seven characters instead of five, but can we just ignore that? Yeah? Cool!


This weeks topic for Top 5 Wednesday Top 7 Thursday is MOST FRUSTRATING CHARACTERS! 

Please note that in no way am I hating on these characters. Some of them are pretty cool, I just wanted to shake them the entire time I was reading about them.

Confession: I had a long list of eighteen characters that I had to cut down to make this post. In the end I got it down to seven.  Either I'm really easily annoyed, or there are just a lot of really freaking frustrating characters. 

CLARY FRAY - THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS
This list is in no particular order, but if it was Clary Fray would be number one. She just makes so many stupid decisions that put so many people in danger and...ugh, I'm getting angry just writing this. Damn Clary Fray.

JACE *I PROBABLY CAN'T WRITE HIS SURNAME HERE BECAUSE SPOILERS* - THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS
I love the mortal instruments, I really do, but Jesus Christ some of the characters get on my nerves. Put Jace and Clary together and you get one of the most frustrating couples EVER. 

HOLDEN CAULFIELD - THE CATCHER IN THE RYE
Holden Caulfield is one of the most iconic characters in modern literature, but he's also one of the most frustrating. Actually, I'm pretty sure he's so iconic because he's so frustrating. I really enjoyed this book, and Holden's an interesting character, but I really did just want to tell him to stop whining. 

TRIS PRIOR - DIVERGENT 
Once again, I love this series (well, the first book anyway) and I generally love Tris as a character, but sometimes she just got on my nerves. She's just another one of those characters that make really dumb decisions that I can't understand and occasionally I wanted to slap her in the face. 

KATNISS EVERDEEN - MOCKINGJAY*
*I'm specifically talking about Mockingjay here, not that she didn't do frustrating things in the earlier books too.
I understand why Katniss Everdeen is the way she is in Mockingjay, and I understand that it would be totally unrealistic if she didn't have some issues at this point, but I really wanted her to get her crap together for the entire book.

LENA DUCHANNES - BEAUTIFUL CREATURES
I don't know what I can say that I haven't said abut every other character on this list. Lena made stupid decisions, she complained about everything, and overall she just frustrated me. 

PEARL - THE YEAR OF THE RAT
Like Katniss, I totally understood why Pearl acted and felt the way she did. Both of them have been through so much stuff even though their situations are completely different. Unfortunately that didn't stop me getting really angry at some of the things Pearl did.

So, those are my picks. Which fictional characters do you guys get REALLY ANGRY with?

TOP 5 WEDNESDAY WAS CREATED BY LAINEY, AND YOU CAN FIND ALL OF THE INFORMATION IN THE GOODREADS GROUP!


No comments:

Post a Comment