Thursday, 7 May 2015

MIA REACTS: CLARY, SIMON AND ISABELLE CASTING (SHADOWHUNTERS TV)

Hi guys, 
It's been another really exciting few days for the Shadowhunter fandom, and now we have three new members in the TV show cast! Ahhh! 

I am SO excited about the Shadowhunters TV show (sorry if you're not and you're here for the book reviews. There'll be more of those soon.) and I think the cast seems really promising thus far, so today I just wanted to share my thoughts about the casting for Simon, Isabelle and Clary. 
If you want to see my thoughts on Dominic Sherwood as Jace, click HERE

DISCLAIMER: Obviously, these are just my first impressions and I can't really say anything until I actually see the show. I might take all of this back in a few months...


EMERAUDE TOUBIA AS ISABELLE LIGHTWOOD

Isabelle is my second favorite character in the whole 'Mortal Instruments' series, and one of my favorite characters of all time, so of course I was very excited and nervous to find out who was going to play her in the TV show.
Good news, I love this casting! It doesn't bother me AT ALL that she is Latina (and it shouldn't, of course), in fact, I think it's great to see the representation. I'd never heard of her before this, and I don't think she's been in anything that I've ever heard of (I heard that she hasn't been in any English films or TV shows yet), so I really can't say anything about her acting yet. I can say that she looks A LOT like I imagined Izzy in my head (meaning that she is ridiculously beautiful. It's so unfair.) and I think she's going to do well. I have faith! 

ALBERTO ROSENDE AS SIMON LEWIS
Simon is another one of my favorite characters of all time, and I have to admit that when I first sawn this casting I wasn't very impressed. The picture above (which was the one used in the official announcement) just doesn't look like Simon to me. 
THEN I saw THIS VIDEO of him saying how excited he is to be playing Simon, and I discovered that he is actually totally adorable and he seems to fit the character perfectly. I've seen pictures of him in glasses and he looks really cute, so that's made me a lot more confident too. 
Again, I'd never heard of him before this casting was announced and he's not been in anything I've seen so I can't say anything about his acting, but from what I've seen I'm really pleased with the casting and I think he's going to be a great fit for Simon! 

KATHERINE MCNAMARA AS CLARY FRAY
First of all, I have to give a shout out to whoever it was that guessed this casting days before it announced from a tiny photo of her eye. You should become a detective.
Unlike with Simon, I loved this casting immediately. She looks SO MUCH like how I imagined Clary! It's crazy!
Once again, I've never seen her acting (I've never seen any of the cast acting, actually. I'm completely basing my opinions off their looks and interviews I found on the internet) so I don't know if she's any good, but she has been in a lot of different movies and TV shows that you might have heard of. Check out her IMDB page here for all the info.

Overall, I really do love the cast so far and I'm feeling positive about the TV show! I just hope that the script and production are good, this show could be great or it could go horribly, horribly wrong. *Fingers crossed*

What do you think of the casting so far? Who do you want to see next? I NEED to know who Malec are as soon as humanly possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment