Friday, 1 May 2015

TBR JAR CHALLENGE: APRIL - MAY

Hello there!

This year I'm taking part in the TBR JAR CHALLENGE created by Katytastic. Click HERE to watch her explain everything about the challenge.

Today's post is about the books I (was supposed to) read to fulfill my challenge from last month, and what I'm planning to read in May. Let's get to it!

*Click HERE to see last months TBR Jar challenge post*


APRIL:
CHALLENGE PICKED: Read/watch a book and its adaptation
BOOK READ: 'Emma' by Jane Austen
ADAPTATION WATCHED: 'Emma approved' web series
MINI REVIEW: 'Emma' was my second Austen book, and although I didn't adore it as much as I did 'pride and prejudice' (which is now one of my favorite books of all time) I really enjoyed reading it. I just love her writing style and her characters, so I definitely want to read the rest of her books ASAP. My only complaint was that it was pretty slow (all of Austen's books are, really) and it took me a long time to get into, but overall I gave it a 3.75/5 stars. Oh, and Mr Knightely is great. Like, better-than-Mr-Darcy great. 

When I first started writing this post I thought I hadn't watched any adaptations, but then I remembered that Web series TOTALLY count (they do now, anyway) and that I watched all of 'Emma approved'- Pemberly Digital's web series adaptation of 'Emma'- this month. I decided to read a little bit of the book and then watch the relevant episodes of the web series, and it was SO MUCH FUN! If you feel intimidated by reading Austen's books I definitely recommend watching an adaptation along side it, personally i find it helps me to understand the story a little bit better than I would if I was just reading the book.
I definitely loved 'the Lizzie Bennet diaries' (which is a web series adaptation of 'pride and prejudice from the same company, and you NEED to watch it if you haven't) more than 'Emma approved', but I really enjoyed watching it overall!

YOU CAN WATCH EMMA APPROVED ON YOUTUBE HERE!


MAY:
CHALLENGE PICKED: Read a book that isn't a novel
WHAT I'M PLANNING TO READ: 'An inspector calls' - JB Priestly 
I needed to re-read this book anyway since I have an exam about it on May 18th ( :'( ) and it's actually a play, so this challenge fits perfectly! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment