Sunday, 31 May 2015

#TBRTAKEDOWN READTHON: TBR

I love readathons. They always make me read so much more than I normally would, and I end up being so much more productive. Unfortunately I was too busy to take part in all the readathons that happened in May, but my exams are finally over and I'm ready to READ EVERYTHING.

The #TBRTakedown is being hosted by leaninglights, and runs between the 1st (tomorrow!) and 7th of June. You can find out all the information HEREThere are five challenges for this readathon, and I am planning on completing them all. I think I can do it!

Here are the books I'm planning to read through the week...

CHALLENGES:
1-A book that's been on your TBR shelf over a year!
2-An unread sequel sitting on your TBR shelf.
3-A first book in a series on your TBR shelf.
4-An "out of your comfort zone" book on your TBR shelf!
5-A book from your most recent book haul!

THE BONE SEASON - SAMANTHA SHANNON
This book actually fits THREE out of five challenges! Hell yeah! I'm using it for Challenge 3 (because it's the first book in the bone season series), Challenge 4 (because I think it's an adult book instead of YA, and it's pretty long and intimidating. That counts as being out of my comfort zone) and Challenge 5 (because I showed it in my most recent haul/stacking the shelves). I've heard really great things about this series, so I'm super excited to read it.

NOW IS GOOD - JENNY DOWNHAM
I'm using this book to fulfill Challenge 1, because I can't even remember how long it's been on my TBR shelf. It's been a LONG time! I think this is going to be really sad, so I'll definitely make sure I'm stocked up on tissues.

SEEKING CRYSTAL - JOSS STIRLING
This is the third book in the Benedicts series, so I'm using it for Challenge 2. I found the first two books in this series to be really fast paced, quick reads so I think I should be able to get through this one pretty fast.

AFTER I'VE READ THOSE THREE BOOKS AND COMPLETED ALL THE CHALLENGES, HERE ARE SOME OF THE BOOKS I MIGHT PICK UP. I'M NOT GOING TO GET TO ALL OF THEM, OBVIOUSLY, BUT IT'S NICE TO HAVE A SELECTION TO CHOOSE FROM.

Tell me in the comments what you're planning to read in the readathon (if you're taking part of course), I'm super intrigued to know what everyone else is reading!

I'll be updating throughout the week on my twitter, so it'd be really great if you followed me there.

-MIA
 

No comments:

Post a Comment