Wednesday, 6 May 2015

TOP 5 WEDNESDAY: BOOKS THAT SHOULD BE TV SHOWS

It's Wednesday again! I feel like I'm writing these posts every five minutes...

This week, the topic for top 5 Wednesday is TOP 5 BOOKS THAT SHOULD BE TURNED INTO TV SHOWS (NOT MOVIES).
This is actually something I've thought about a lot in the past, and I had tons of picks to choose from when I was making this list. It was really hard to cut this down to five!

If you are a TV producer person reading this, please make these shows happen. Thanks!



PERCY JACKSON AND THE OLYMPIANS/THE HEROES OF OLYMPUS - RICK RIORDAN
If there are any book adaptations that need remaking immediately, it's Percy Jackson. I think a TV show would work so much better than a movie, and with the whole 'Percy Jackson and the Olympians' series AND the 'Heroes of Olympus' there would be tons of source material for them to make loads of seasons out of! 
Can you imagine how action packed and badass this could be if it was actually done well? Personally I think it would be great as a cartoon/anime.

 THRONE OF GLASS - SARAH J. MAAS 
After the success of 'Game of Thrones' (which I haven't watched yet), we all know that fantasy book to TV adaptations can be done well. 'Throne of glass' has a ton of action, great characters, and I'm sure it would be fantastic on screen. Plus, it's going to be a pretty long series (I think there are going to be at least six books!) so there's a lot of source material to be adapted.

A DARKER SHADE OF MAGIC - V.E SCHWAB
I'm just obsessed with this book and I want to see it on screen. 
Action! Magic! Cool coats! 'A darker shade of magic' is the kind of book that I think would translate really well onto screen, and with a TV show they could keep in all of the stuff that made the book great without trying to fit it into a 2-hour movie.

MALORY TOWERS - ENID BLYTON
The 'Malory Towers' series was one of my favorites when I was younger, and I always wanted to see it adapted on screen. There are twelve books overall, which is far too many to make movies out of, so I think a TV show would be the best option. Now I'm getting nostalgic!

THE RAVEN CYCLE - MAGGIE STIEFVATER 
It's no secret that I love the 'Raven Cycle' series, and I think it would make a really good TV show. It has great characters, an intriguing story line and an interesting setting that would look great on screen. Like every other book series on this list, there is just far too much story to squish into a movie. 

So, what books/series would you like to see as TV shows? What's your favorite book to TV adaptation? Tell me in the comments!

TOP 5 WEDNESDAY WAS CREATED BY LAINEY, AND YOU CAN FIND ALL THE INFORMATION IN THE GOODREADS GROUP


No comments:

Post a Comment