Sunday, 28 June 2015

CAMP NANOWRIMO JULY 2015: MY PLANS AND INTRO

Hi everyone,

July Camp NaNoWriMo starts in TWO DAYS, and I'm taking part! 
I'm planning on having a few Camp NaNoWriMo themed posts uploaded throughout the month, but today I just wanted to kick things off by talking about my plans and what I'm writing.


If you don't know anything about Camp NaNoWriMo, you can find out all the information on the website. Basically it's just a challenge to write as much as you can in one month, but it's more relaxed than the original NaNoWriMo event which takes place every November.

I'm actually editing during July, not writing a brand new novel, but I still have a lot of work to do. My word count goal for the month is 35,000 words, however I'm extremely busy for the first couple of weeks of July so I won't be too upset if I don't reach that target.

I don't want to share too much about my book yet, but I can tell you that it's currently titled Burners and that it's a young adult urban fantasy/sci fi novel. Here's a quick synopsis that I uploaded onto my Camp NaNoWriMo page:

Twins Lilia and Katia York never thought they'd be torn apart. They never thought their parents would be killed under mysterious circumstances, or that they'd end up with incredible powers that could be a blessing or a curse. They never thought they'd find themselves on opposite sides of a war that's been raging for centuries, and they never even dreamed that they could be the ones to end it.

But on that night, everything the twins thought went up in flames. Literally. 


This is my first NaNoWriMo event (I'm taking part in the real thing for the first time this November) and I am really excited for it! Hopefully I'll be able to get a lot of work done and make a good start towards editing my novel.

Good luck to everybody else taking part, you're going to SMASH those word count goals! Tell me in the comments what your Camp NaNoWriMo plans are, or if you have any advice on how to succed in NaNoWriMo events.

Thank you for reading!
-MIA

No comments:

Post a Comment