Tuesday, 23 June 2015

#RAINBOWTHON WRAP UP

Hi guys, 

Last week, from the fifteenth the the twenty first of June, I took part in the #RAINBOWTHON readathon, organised by the Carpe Librum girls. You can see my TBR here!

I managed to read FOUR BOOKS during the readathon, which came to a grand total of 1613 PAGES! I'm happy with that, especially because I really enjoyed all of the books I read.

Here are all the books I read in the readathon...

ONE - SARAH CROSSAN (GREEN)
PAGE COUNT: 448
READ ON: day 1
MY THOUGHTS: This. Book. Broke. Me. I've written a full review, but I'll just say that this book is beautifully written  and fascinating and brilliant and you have to read it when it comes out in AUGUST.
FULL REVIEW: x
RATING: 4.75/5

PERCY JACKSON AND THE GREEK GODS - RICK RIORDAN (ORANGE, KIND OF)
PAGE COUNT: 402
READ ON: days 1-3
MY THOUGHTS: This book was so much fun! I love Greek mythology, and I love Percy Jackson's POV, so obviously I was going to love this. It's kind of ridiculous (if you know any Greek mythology you know what I mean) but it's hilarious and a really entertaining read.
RATING: 4/5

EMMY & OLIVER - ROBIN BENWAY (BLUE)
PAGE COUNT: 352
READ ON: days 2-5
MY THOUGHTS: Awww...this book was so sweet. I really liked the characters and I enjoyed the story, and overall I really liked it. I'll have a full review up some time this week!
RATING: 4.25/5

I'LL GIVE YOU THE SUN - JANDY NELSON (YELLOW)
PAGE COUNT: 429
READ ON: days 5-7
MY THOUGHTS: I didn't love this book as everybody else seems to. Sorry! For the first half I really wasn't enjoying it, but then I got into it and the last part completely blew me away.  Don't get me wrong, it was definitely beautiful and powerful but...my full review will be up this week.
RATING: 3.75/5

That's all I read during the week! I had a really great time during the readathon and I'm really happy I got to all these books. Like I said, stay tuned for full reviews of Emmy & Oliver and I'll give you the Sun. 

-MIA

No comments:

Post a Comment