Saturday, 20 June 2015

STACKING THE SHELVES #4

STACKING THE SHELVES IS A WEEKLY MEME HOSTED BY TYNGAS REVIEWS.

Hi guys,

It's the weekend! FINALLY! The last week seemed about ten years long to me, and I'm so happy that I finally have a few days to relax and (most importantly) read.

Today is STACKING THE SHELVES day, which means it's time for me to show you all the books I got this week. Let's get to it...



E-ARCS:
ZEROES - SCOTT WESTERFELD, MARGO LANAGAN AND DEBORAH BIANCOTTI
I was really excited when I saw this book on netgalley, and I was even more excited when I got approved to read it. I wasn't the biggest fan of Scott Westerfeld's Uglies series, but I really did love his book Afterworlds so I think his writing is a little but hit or miss for me(I haven't heard of either of the other authors) The synopsis sounds really interesting, though, so hopefully this one will be a hit.

PHYSICAL BOOKS FROM PUBLISHERS:
FINDING AUDREY - SOPHIE KINSELLA. I've actually already read, and reviewed, this book, but I was fortunate enough to be sent a beautiful hardcover copy from Penguin Random House. Thanks so much, guys!
REMIX - NON PRATT. I've been hearing great things about this book, and about Non's other book trouble (which I haven't read. Yet.) so I was super excited when I received a copy from walker books. THANK YOU!

PHYSICAL BOOKS I PURCHASED:
THE KNIFE OF NEVER LETTING GO - PATRICK NESS. This is the first book in the Chaos walking trilogy, which I have literally been meaning to pick up for years. I've heard so many great things about this book so I'm really excited to read it.

JANE EYRE - CHARLOTTE BRONTE
NORTHANGER ABBEY - JANE AUSTEN
PERSUASION - JANE AUSTEN
These wordsworth classic editions were on 3 for £5 at the Works, so obviously I picked three up. All three of these are books I'm actually really interested in reading (especially the Austen ones, as I adored the books I've read by her), so I'm glad to finally have them on my shelves.

That's quite a lot of books for one week, I think! Tell me in the comments what books you got this week, or what you thought of any of these books if you've read them.
Thanks for reading!

-MIA

No comments:

Post a Comment