Monday, 6 July 2015

READING SLUMP BLUES

Hi everyone,

Today I wanted to talk about something that I've been facing a lot recently...the dreaded reading slump *dramatic music*.

I'm sure every reader has battled with the reading slump at some point (I envy you if you haven't!). I'm sure you've all been in that situation where you just can't make yourself concentrate on a book or have the motivation to read. And I'm sure every reader knows that it really sucks.

At the time of writing it's July 6th, and I haven't read a single page all month. Sure, I've been busy, but that's not really the problem. The problem isn't the book I'm reading either, in fact I'm quite enjoying it. I've tried picking up multiple books but I just can't get into any of them. There's no reason why I'm not reading...so why won't my brain let me get into a good book?

Of course, reading slumps always hit just when I want to get the most reading done. I have quite a few review books that I want to get to before the release dates, and I have a lot of books that I want to read before I meet the authors at YALC in a couple of weeks, but alas...I can't read anything. THE STRUGGLE IS REAL.

Everybody has their own techniques for breaking out of a reading slump. Personally I like to try and read some short, fast books instead of slogging through epic long ones, and I always find it helpful to talk to other people who might motivate me to read more. But sometimes all you can do is make yourself busy with other things and wait for your reading mojo to return. 

This was a bit of a random post, but I just needed to vent about my reading slump struggles. I also wanted to explain why there haven't been any reviews recently- I just haven't read any books! 

Please comment any tips you may have for breaking out of a reading slump down below; I totally need them right now!

-MIA 

No comments:

Post a Comment