Saturday, 8 August 2015

BOOK TAG: RIP IT OR SHIP IT

Hi everyone!

Today I'm doing the RIP IT OR SHIP IT TAG. I've seen loads of booktubers and bloggers doing this TAG recently, but it was originally created by emmmabooks.

Basically, I put the names of some book characters on some slips of paper and put them into a bowl. Then I picked out two names at a time and had to pick whether I wanted them to be a couple (ship) or not (rip).
I don't know if that made any sense, but you can watch the original video here where everything's explained. You'll get it soon!

ANNABETH CHASE (PERCY JACKSON) + GANDALF (THE LORD OF THE RINGS)
VERDICT: RIP it
I'm sure you know why this wouldn't work. There's just a little tiny age gap...


CLARY FRAY (THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS) + GANSEY (THE RAVEN CYCLE)
VERDICT: SHIP it (hesitantly) 
I'm not so sure about this one, but I think it could work. Clary really reminds me of Blue from the Raven Cycle, and I love Gansey and Blue together, so I guess I ship this.


ALEC LIGHTWOOD (THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS) + ELIZABETH BENNET (PRIDE AND PREJUDICE)

VERDICT: RIP it

Yeah...no. It just doesn't work.


TOBIAS EATON (DIVERGENT) + RONAN LYNCH (THE RAVEN CYCLE)
VERDICT: RIP it
At first I thought this would work, but I've decided they're both just a little bit too violent and stubborn and people would probably get killed every time they had an argument. Which would probably be often.


CHARLIE (THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER) + SIMON SPIER (SIMON VS. THE HOMO SAPIENS AGENDA)
VERDICT: SHIP it
Awww...I think these two would be pretty cute. They're both kind of awkward and nerdy and they could be awkward and nerdy together. 


DORIAN HALLIVIARD (THRONE OF GLASS) + BELLAMY BLAKE (THE 100)
VERDICT: Ummm...
I don't know. On the one hand, I'm not sure their personalities would go together. On the other, how good looking would this couple be? Damn.


PEETA MELLARK (THE HUNGER GAMES) + ISABELLE LIGHTWOOD (THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS)
VERDICT: SHIP it
They're not an obvious couple, but I think Peeta and Isabelle's personalities would kind of cancel each other out (like Katniss and Peeta!) and it'd be cute. Opposites attract and all that.


SIMON LEWIS (THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS) + MR DARCY (PRIDE AND PREJUDICE)
*forgot to take a picture. Oops*
VERDICT: RIP it
I don't think Mr Darcy could handle Simon's dorkiness. I also don't think Simon could handle Darcy's arrogance. It would be HILARIOUS though...someone write this fanfic.


PRESIDENT SNOW (THE HUNGER GAMES) + EFFIE TRINKET (THE HUNGER GAMES)
VERDICT: RIP it
Effie deserves better than this. Everyone deserves better than President Snow. That guy is a creep.


MAGNUS BANE (THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS) + GALE HAWTHORNE (THE HUNGER GAMES)
VERDICT: RIP it
Magnus deserves better than this. Everyone deserves better than Gale (except maybe President Snow). I hate Gale.


AUGUSTUS WATERS (THE FAULT IN OUR STARS) + ZEKE CROSSE (THE BLOOD OF EDEN)
VERDICT: RIP it
Both of these boys are supposed to be dating me, not each other. 


WILL HERONDALE (THE INFERNAL DEVICES) + JEM CARSTAIRS (THE INFERNAL DEVICES)
VERDICT: SHIP it 
I PROMISE I DIDN'T DO THIS ON PURPOSE OMG. Jem and Will have been one of my OTPs for a long time, so obviously I ship the Hell out of them.


That was fun! I only actually shipped 4 out of 12 ships, but I think I found some pretty adorable couples. I'm tagging anybody in particular, but if you want to do this I totally recommend you do...it's just really entertaining.

Thanks for reading! Tell me in the comments if you ship or rip any of these couples...

-MIA

No comments:

Post a Comment