Tuesday, 11 August 2015

BOOKTUBEATHON 2015 WRAP-UP

Hi everyone, 

Last week I took part in the BookTubeAThon (a week long readathon hosted by the brilliant Ariel Bissett. All the information is on the youtube channel) and I had a really great time.

I managed (somehow) to complete all of the challenges, and I read a total of 7 books and 2289 pages during the week. Success! 
You can see which books I was planning on reading, and more about the challenges, in my TBR.

Without further ado, here are all the books I read in the booktubeathon...


1: LYING OUT LOUD - KODY KEPLINGER
PUBLISHER: Scholastic
RELEASE DATE: July 2nd 2015
PAGE COUNT: 309
RATING: 3/5
I've already written a full review of this already, but I basically thought it was a fun and entertaining read (although the main character made me want to punch a wall). I read it on the first night of the readathon and it only took me a couple of hours, and overall I really enjoyed it despite it's flaws. This book completed the challenge to read a book by an author whose surname has the same first letter as your surname. 

2: NOUGHTS & CROSSES GRAPHIC NOVEL - MALORIE BLACKMAN & JOHN AGGS
PUBLISHER: Doubleday childrens
RELEASE DATE: July 2nd 2015
PAGE COUNT: 208
RATING: 4/5
Noughts & Crosses is one of my favorite books of all time, so it was really great to revisit the story in graphic novel form. The graphic novel wasn't nearly as powerful and beautiful as the original novel (which you really need to read ASAP) but it still completely broke my heart. This book completed the challenge to read a book without letting go of it.

3: REAWAKENED - COLLEEN HOUCK
PUBLISHER: Delacorte press
RELEASE DATE: August 11th 2015
PAGE COUNT: 391
RATING: 4/5
I'm still not totally sure what I thought of this book. It was really fun and fast paced, but something about the characters and the story didn't completely work for me. I still definitely enjoyed reading it, and I'll have my full review up soon. This book completed the challenges to read the most recent book you acquired and read a book with blue on the cover.

4: HARRY POTTER AND THE PHILOSOPHERS STONE - J.K ROWLING
PUBLISHER: Bloomsbury
RELEASE DATE: June 26th 1997
PAGE COUNT: 332
RATING: 4/5
I'm finally doing it, guys! I'm finally reading the whole Harry Potter series! (I read the first four YEARS ago, but I've never actually finished the series). Do I even have to say that this book was brilliant? It was brilliant. This book completed the challenges to read somebody else's favorite book and read a book you really want to read.  

5: BIRDY - JESS VALLANCE 
PUBLISHER: Hot Key books
RELEASE DATE: July 2nd 2015
PAGE COUNT: 263
RATING: 4/5
This book was really intriguing and fast paced, which meant I could finish it in a couple of hours. It's dark and twisted and compelling, and overall I really enjoyed it.

6: HARRY POTTER AND THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS - J.K ROWLING
PUBLISHER: Bloomsbury children.
RELEASE DATE: July 2nd 1998
PAGE COUNT: 360
RATING: 4.5/5
There's nothing I can say that wasn't said ten years ago. I loved it.

7: HARRY POTTER AND THE PRISONER OF AZKABAN - J.K ROWLING
PUBLISHER: Bloomsbury children.
RELEASE DATE: July 2nd 1998
PAGE COUNT: 360
RATING: 4.5/5
This is where I stopped being like 'this series is so good!' and started being like 'OH GOD THIS SERIES IS TAKING OVER MY LIFE I'VE FALLEN DOWN A HOLE I CAN NEVER CRAWL OUT OF I LOVE IT'. At the time of writing I've nearly finished 'the goblet of fire', and it's fair to say I finally understand why everyone's been so obsessed with Harry Potter for all these years. Is it too late to join you?

I had a really successful week, and luckily I really enjoyed all of the books I read! (Especially the Harry Potter ones. Oh my God.).
Tell me in the comments what you read for the booktubeathon, or what you though of any of these books if you've read them!

-MIA


No comments:

Post a Comment