Friday, 21 August 2015

SUMMER BOOK HAUL

Hi guys,

It's about time I did another book haul!
This is about six weeks worth of books, and even though I was trying to limit my book buying I have quite a few, so I'm going to try and keep this as brief as possible...let's get started...

NOTE: This haul doesn't include the books I purchased at YALC, but you can see them here.


PURCHASED BY ME
1: THE GREAT GATSBY - F. SCOTT FITZGERALD
    Everyone says this book is brilliant, and I managed to find it for a really cheap price!
2: THE TEMPEST - WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE
     The Tempest is my favorite Shakespeare story, and since I was in the national theater          where they had a huge selection of his plays for sale it only felt right to buy one.
3: THE MIME ORDER - SAMANTHA SHANNON
     This is the sequel to the bone season, which I really enjoyed, and I picked it up as soon      as it came out in paperback. I can't wait to get to this one.
4: THE ASK AND THE ANSWER - PATRICK NESS
     This is another sequel that I really, really want to read ASAP. I loved the first book!
5: THE RED PYRAMID - RICK RIORDAN
     I've been wanting to read Rick Riordan's other series for ages (I love all the Percy                  Jackson books), so when I saw the first book in the charity shop for 50p I had to get it.
6: BALLAD - MAGGIE STIEFVATER 
    I read the first book in this series (duology maybe?) years ago and I can't really                     remember it, but I love Maggie Stiefvater and this book was really, really cheap so I               obviously had to buy it.
7: THE TIME TRAVELERS WIFE - AUDREY NIFFENEGGER
     I don't really know anything about this book, but I do know that lots of people like it and it     was really cheap.
8: AN EMBER IN THE ASHES - SABAA TAHIR
    I want to read this book so much! I've heard so much hype about it (which I'm trying to           ignore) so I brought it as soon as it came out, but I haven't had chance to read it yet.
9: GO SET A WATCHMAN - HARPER LEE
    I got this book and read it as soon as it came out, and I actually enjoyed it a lot more             than I thought I was going to (although it's nothing compared to To kill a Mockingbird)
10: THE SILKWORM - ROBERT GALBRAITH
     I haven't read the first book in this series yet (I do own it), but when I saw the second            book in hardcover for less than £2 I couldn't pass it up. Hopefully I like this series!

E-ARCS
I received all of these books for free via. netgalley. 
1: VENGEANCE ROAD - ERIN BOWMAN
    This is one of my most anticipated books of the year! So excited! Released September         1st by HMH books.
2: LORALI - LAURA DOCKRILL
    Out now from Hot Key books
3: DEMON ROAD - DEREK LANDY
    Released August 27th by HarperCollins childrens.
4: FANS OF THE IMPOSSIBLE LIFE - KATE SCELSA
    Released September 8th by Balzer + Bray
5: A THOUSAND NIGHTS - E.K. JOHNSTON
    Released October 6th by Disney Hyperion

PHYSICAL ARC
REAWAKENED - COLLEEN HOUCK
Thank you so much to Ellie Cheele from Hodder books for this copy! I've already read this book and I really enjoyed it, my full review will be up really soon. 
Released in the UK August 13th by Hodder (it's probably already out by the time you're reading this)

Thank you so much for reading! Please tell me in the comments if you've read any of these books and think I'll like them, I really don't know what to read first...

-MIA

No comments:

Post a Comment