Tuesday, 25 August 2015

UNPOPULAR OPINIONS BOOK TAG

Hi guys,

I wasn't sure what post to do today so I decided to go on youtube and see what tags are popular at the minute, and it seems like the tag everyone is doing is the UNPOPULAR OPINIONS BOOK TAG.

This tag was created by the book archer, and I'm basically just going to be sharing some controversial opinions about books. 

I don't think I have any REALLY controversial opinions and I'm going to try my best not to offend anyone. Even so, if you're a really sensitive fan of the uglies series, Gale Hawthorne, Maria V Snyder or love triangles you might not want to read this. You have been warned. 


1: A POPULAR BOOK  OR SERIES YOU DIDN'T LIKE.
THE UGLIES SERIES - SCOTT WESTERFELD.
This series was really popular when I first started reading YA, but I really didn't enjoy it. I liked the first one well enough, but as the series went on I just started to hate the main character SO MUCH (seriously, I think Tally might be the most annoying protagonist ever) and the plot got kind of ridiculous. By the end of the third book I was ready to rip the pages out.

2: A POPULAR BOOK OR SERIES THAT EVERYONE  HATES BUT YOU LOVE.
THE IRON FEY SERIES - JULIE KAGAWA
I've talked about Julie Kagawa so many times on my blog before, but that's only because she's one of my all time favorite authors. I've heard a lot of bad things about this series and I don't actually know anyone else who likes it (please comment if you do! make me feel less alone) but I don't care. I love it.

3: A LOVE TRIANGLE WHERE THE MAIN CHARACTER ENDED UP WITH THE PERSON YOU DIDN'T WANT THEM TO END UP WITH.
THE TALON SERIES - JULIE KAGAWA
Julie Kagawa again! This series isn't over yet so I don't really know who the main character will end up with, but in the second book it definitely seemed like she was leaning towards the guy I don't want her to be with. I really hope she does end up with the right person in the end! 
(In case you're wondering, I want Ember to be with Garrett)

4: A POPULAR BOOK GENRE YOU HARDLY REACH FOR
GRAPHIC NOVELS 
I really like graphic novels, I just never seem to read them. This is mostly because I don't know which ones to read, partly because they're goddamn expensive, and partly because there are so many novels I want to read I don't even have time. I do want to read more, though, so tell me some graphic novel recommendations in the comments!

5: A POPULAR OR BELOVED CHARACTER YOU DON'T LIKE
GALE HAWTHORNE - THE HUNGER GAMES
I've been through this a million times and I'm not going to rant again...I hate this guy. 

6: A POPULAR AUTHOR THAT YOU CAN'T SEEM TO GET INTO
MARIA V. SNYDER
I read the poison study series and I wasn't a huge fan (I could've used that series for question one too!), and even though Maria V. Snyder has written a ton of other books that have really good reviews I have no desire to read them. I just don't think I like her writing style.

7: A POPULAR BOOK TROPE YOU'RE TIRED OF SEEING.
LOVE TRIANGLES
Do I even have to explain this one? Love triangles just create so much unnecessary drama, and they're in so many books that I'm completely sick of reading about them. Love triangles involving instalove are even worse.

8: A POPULAR SERIES YOU HAVE NO INTEREST IN READING.
THE VAMPIRE ACADEMY SERIES - RICHELLE MEAD
I did read the first book in this series and I did enjoy it, I just didn't like it enough to make me want to continue. I know people say it gets better as it goes along, but I'm honestly not interested enough in the story to read six books of it.

9: WHAT MOVIE OR TV SHOW ADAPTATION DO YOU LIKE MORE THAN THE BOOK?
THE 100 - KASS MORGAN
I did enjoy the 100 book series, but I absolutely LOVE the TV show. They're very different so it's kind of hard to compare, but personally I just prefer the story and the characters in the show. If you're not watching the 100 yet you definitely need to do that; it's awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment