Saturday, 26 September 2015

GOODREADS TOP 100 YA BOOKS INSPIRED TBR

Hi everyone,

 A couple of weeks ago, goodreads released their list of the top 100 YA books, and I thought it would be fun to go through this list and see how many I've read.

It turns out I've read 33 of the books (including 7 of the top 10) and pretty much all of my favorite's are there, but as somebody who really loves YA I felt like I should have read more. I've picked 10 books from the list that I haven't read yet but really (really, really, really, really) want to. I'm hoping to get to them in the next few months, so I should probably get started soon...


1: Little women - Louisa May Alcott (number 4) 
Everyone loves this book. My mum loves this book, and she won't stop telling me to read it. Apparently people on goodreads love it too.
2: The Giver - Lois Lowry (number 7)
This is another classic YA book, and I meant to get to it before the movie came out (I can't even remember when that was) but that never happened. Maybe this will be the right time!
3: Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins (number 22)
Every summer I say I'm going to read this book, and every summer I just forget about it. I promise I WILL read it the next time the weather gets slightly hotter.
4: Daughter of Smoke and Bone - Laini Taylor (number 27)
All I know about this book is the that the writing is apparently beautiful and loads of people love it. I love beautiful writing, and I trust a lot of the people who've told me it's great, so I'm really hoping to read it soon.
5: Legend - Marie Lu (number 34)
I know everybody says they're sick of dystopian, but it's actually been ages since I read a dystopian book and I kind of miss it. Maybe this can be the book to get me into the genre again!
6: Aristotle and Dante discover the secrets of the Universe - Benjamin Alire Saenz
Again, I don't know much about this book but I have heard that it's really beautiful and moving which is exactly the kind of book I love.
7:  The winners curse - Marie Rutoski
I've been reading more and more fantasy recently (thanks Sarah J. Maas), and I've heard really good things about this one. 
8: Angelfall - Susan Ee
I have two IRL friends that are in love with this series, and they're not going to leave me alone until I've read it. The synopsis sounds really original and interesting, so I really hope I like it.
9: A monster calls - Patrick Ness
I love Patrick Ness's writing, and this has so many great reviews that I really have no idea why I haven't read it yet.
10: The Scorpio Races - Maggie Stiefvater
I have kind of a love/hate relationship with Maggie Stiefavater (I adore the raven boys, but am not a huge fan of Shiver) but I think this is the only book by her I haven't read and I need to fix that. Let's hope it's a hit!

Thanks for reading! How many books from the list have you read?

-MIA




No comments:

Post a Comment