Tuesday, 15 September 2015

MIA REACTS: ALLEGIANT TEASER TRAILER

Hi guys,

I was supposed to have my review of The sky is everywhere up tonight, but then the teaser trailer for Allegiant came out whilst I was completely unprepared (seriously, how did I not know about this?) and I knew I had to talk about that instead.

In case you haven't seen it yet, here's the teaser I'm talking about:
INITIAL REACTIONS:
(These are the notes I made the very first time I watched the trailer. They don't make a lot of sense. I'll try and write something a bit more coherent in a minute!)
  • I had no idea this was happening today and I am PUMPED
  • It's 1 minute and 41 seconds. That's pretty long for a teaser!
  • Wait...this is just Divergent.
  • Why are we recapping? I know what happened! I READ THE BOOKS!
  • Are we going to see any of Allegiant?
  • Ahhh...here we go....
  • Everyone looks different and I can't figure out why.
  • I'm pretty sure that running-up-the-wall thing is physically impossible but okay
  • Why is Tris wearing so much makeup?
  • Why is the world outside the fence some kind of strange hellscape. This definitely isn't how it looked in the book.
  • FOURTRIS KISS!!!!!
  • The red camouflage suit things are kind of cool, I have to admit.
  • What's happening?
  • Where is Uriah?
  • EXPLOSIONS
  • Is that David? Kill him now, Tris!
  • What are those disk things?
  • I don't remember any of this happening in the book
  • I don't remember any of this at all
  • WHERE IS URIAH?
  • Bring on March.
SLIGHTLY MORE COHERENT REACTIONS:
So, we started off with 50 seconds of recapping the first two movies, which confused me at first and then just pissed me off. Luckily, we still got to see quite a bit of the new footage from Allegiant.

The world outside the wall looks...interesting. I'm not sure yet. It definitely doesn't look how I imagined it in the books, but I kind of like the red colour scheme and strange, almost hell-ish vibe. I'm guessing the white rooms and stuff are inside the bureau, in which case I like how it looks futuristic and completely contrasts with the world outside.

I'm getting emotional about Tris and Four already, and we only saw them for a couple of seconds. God knows how I'm going to handle the whole movie, and the one afterwards (That's right! There's going to be a part 2...except it's not called part 2...).

One thing that was glaringly obvious to me is that we didn't see any of my favorite character: Uriah. I just want to see Uriah. According to IMDB, he IS going to be in the movie, and even though IMDB isn't the most reliable source I really hope that's true. As previously mentioned, Uriah is my favourite character in the whole series and I definitely didn't see enough of him in Insurgent. 

I don't remember ANYTHING in the trailer happening in the book, but we haven't really seen enough to know how faithful an adaption it's going to be. Honestly, based on this trailer and the first two films and the fact they changed the name of the last movie, I think it's going to be very different. That's not necessarily a bad thing, of course, but it's something to keep in mind in the run up to the movie. I'm obviously a huge fan of the book and don't want everything to change, but I'm trying not to compare the two for now.

Overall, I'm apprehensively excited for the Allegiant movie. I wasn't the biggest fan of the first two movies so my expectations weren't very high anyway, but this first look definitely got me intrigued (even though it looks nothing like the book. Which I'm definitely not comparing it to.)

What did you think of the trailer? Will you be watching Alllegiant in March?

-MIA

No comments:

Post a Comment