Wednesday, 2 September 2015

TOP 5 FICTIONAL TOWNS AND CITIES

TOP 5 WEDNESDAY IS A WEEKLY MEME CREATED BY GINGER READS LAINEY. YOU CAN FIND ALL OF THE INFORMATION IN THE GOODREADS GROUP.

Hi everyone,

It's Wednesday again, which means it's time for another top 5 Wednesday post! This weeks topic is TOP 5 FICTIONAL CITIES, but I'm going to talk about towns too because I am divergent and I can not be controlled.

These are all cities and towns that don't exist in our world, but I really wish they did...

5: GATLIN - THE CASTER CHRONICLES, KAMI GARCIA & MARGARET STOHL
It's not the most unique or magical town on this list (it's basically just a normal small Southern town), but I always thought the setting of Gatlin was really interesting whilst I was reading the books. It's described in a way that made me feel like I was really there, which is something I really liked about the series. I looked it up, and it doesn't exist in real life.

4: RED LONDON - A DARKER SHADE OF MAGIC, V.E SCHWAB
A darker shade of magic is one of my favorite books of the year, and I loved all of the parallel versions of London that it's set in. Red London is my favorite out of all the different London's because it's just so magical and V.E Schwab described everything so well. Whilst London definitely exists, I'm pretty sure this alternative version of it doesn't so I'm going to include it on this list.

3: THE CAPITOL - THE HUNGER GAMES, SUZANNE COLLINS
I don't think I'd actually want to go to the Capitol, but it's definitely an interesting setting! I love reading about all the crazy fashions and the people that live there, and of course some of the things that happen there are really important to a story I love so much.

2: IDRIS - THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS, CASSANDRA CLARE
It's a whole city full of Shadowhunters! What could be better than that? (Well, my number one pick could). Idris sounds like such an interesting place, and I think it would be really cool to visit. I want to see the demon towers!

1: HOGSMEADE - HARRY POTTER, J.K ROWLING
Who wouldn't want to go to Hogsmeade? Seriously. You can buy sweets, go to the joke shop, drink butterbeer, see the shrieking shack...basically, it'd be perfect and I really wish it was a real place so I could go there.

Thanks for reading! If anyone knows a way to get me to these places PLEASE tell me in the comments.

-MIA

No comments:

Post a Comment