Thursday, 29 October 2015

CREATURES OF THE NIGHT BOOK TAG

Hi everyone, 
Halloween is almost upon us, and after a day of pumpkin carving and watching Ellen's staff get sent to haunted houses I'm in the mood to do a Halloween-themed book tag! 

I decided to do the CREATURES OF THE NIGHT BOOK TAG, which was actually created last halloween by Kat from Katytastic, but I have seen some people doing it more recently. Basically, there's just a list of paranormal creatures, and you have to pick a favourite book which features each creature. 

VAMPIRE:
This one was easy for me! The blood of Eden trilogy by Julie Kagawa is one of my favourite series, and it has a really unique and dark take on vampires that I really love.

WEREWOLF:
I don't want to spoil anything here (but if you don't know, where the heck have you been?) but my favourite character in the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling, particularly the Prisoner of Azkaban happens to be a werewolf. I'm sure you know who I'm talking about, and I'm sure you know why I love him so much. If you don't GO AND READ HARRY POTTER.

ZOMBIE:
I haven't actually read many books with zombies in, but one that I did really enjoy is Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion. It's just an interesting and unique perspective on the zombie story, and the romance was pretty adorable.

GHOST:
Again, I really don't want to spoil anything, but there is a character in the Raven Cycle Series by Maggie Stiefvater who's a ghost and I love them a lot. That's all I'm saying.

WITCH/WARLOCK/SPELLCASTER:
Is there any fictional character more fabulous than the High Warlock of Brooklyn himself, Magnus Bane? No, there's not. The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare, Sarah Rees Brennan and Maureen Johnson is a short story collection all about him, and it's great.

FAIRY/FAE:
The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa is one of my all time favourites, and it just happens to be all about fairies! Yay!

The next two creatures are demons and angels, and I actually realized that (aside from The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices, but I didn't want to go into Cassandra Clare overload) I haven't read a book about either of them that I actually enjoyed. I decided to just leave it and move onto the next questions...

ALIEN:
I know everybody hates on Stephanie Meyer for writing the Twilight series (which I haven't actually read all the way through, because I'm a terrible bookish person), but I really love her book the Host. Don't judge a book by it's author, guys!

SUPER POWERED HUMAN:
They're probably not technically 'super powered humans' since they have angel blood, but I'm counting Shadowhunters for this anyway. They do have powers, and they're mostly human, so I've decided it's not cheating. Of course the Shadowhunters appear in The Infernal Devices, the Mortal Instruments and a bunch of other books by Cassandra Clare.

Have a great Halloween everyone, and feel free to do this tag if you want to!
-MIA

No comments:

Post a Comment