Thursday, 1 October 2015

SEPTEMBER READING WRAP-UP

I'm so glad September is over. September is always the most boring and stressful month of the year for me, and there was really nothing happening aside from school. Ew.

Despite my hatred for the month of September, and my subsequent bad mood for the entire past four weeks, I managed to read seven full books and finish two others that I started in August. I've got quite a lot to talk about, so let's just get into it...
PERCY JACKSON AND THE GREEK HEROES - RICK RIORDAN
PUBLISHER: Puffin 
RELEASE DATE: August 6th 2015 (UK)
GOODREADS: x
MY THOUGHTS: This was so much fun! I love Rick Riordans writing and humor, and I love greek mythology, so I just had a great time reading it. Now I miss Percy Jackson again, though :(
RATING: 4/5

VENGEANCE ROAD - ERIN BOWMAN
PUBLISHER: HMH books for young readers
RELEASE DATE: September 1st 2015 
GOODREADS: x
MY THOUGHTS: I really enjoyed this one too! It's really fast paced (although it took me ages to get through for some reason) and I really liked the time period and setting. You can find out more about what I thought in my FULL REVIEW.
RATING: 4.25/5

THE IRON WARRIOR - JULIE KAGAWA
PUBLISHER: Harlequin teen
RELEASE DATE: October 27th 2015 
GOODREADS: x
MY THOUGHTS: I don't want to say too much about this book because I'm going to have a full review up in the next week or so, but I LOVED IT. It's the conclusion to one of my favorite series, one of my most anticipated books of the year, and I was so happy with how things turned out. Julie Kagawa keeps breaking my heart and I love it.
RATING: 4.8/5

THE SKY IS EVERYWHERE - JANDY NELSON
PUBLISHER: Walker books
RELEASE DATE: January 1st 2010
GOODREADS: x
MY THOUGHTS: This book has one of the most ridiculously frustrating love stories/love triangles I have read in ages, but the writing was so beautiful and the story so moving that I didn't really care. Again, I have a FULL REVIEW in case you want to find out more about what I thought.
RATING: 4.25/5

ME AND EARL AND THE DYING GIRL - JESSE ANDREWS
PUBLISHER: Amulet books
RELEASE DATE: March 1st 2012
GOODREADS: x
MY THOUGHTS: I read this book in one night, and it was brilliant. It's laugh out loud funny despite the subject matter, touching, realistic and told in a really creative and quick-to-read way! Now I just need to see the movie.
RATING: 4.75/5

QUEEN OF SHADOWS - SARAH J. MAAS
PUBLISHER: bloomsbury childrens
RELEASE DATE: September 1st 2015
GOODREADS: x
MY THOUGHTS: I'll admit this, I don't LOVE the throne of glass series. It's good, sure, but I always find the books pretty slow and I don't connect to them as much as everyone else did. This fourth book was no exception for me, although when I finally got into it I did enjoy it overall. There were some really interesting plot developments, and the last 100 pages or so were truly epic. Also, I adore Dorian Halliviard more than I can explain and I got so emotional every time he was so much as mentioned. And I ship Aelin and Rowan now.
RATING: 4/5

SUICIDE NOTES FROM BEAUTIFUL GIRLS - LYNN WEINGARTEN
PUBLISHER: Electric monkey
RELEASE DATE: July 2nd 2015
GOODREADS: x
MY THOUGHTS: I liked this one, but I just didn't connect to it. The atmosphere and the mystery were good, and the story was really interesting, but it just didn't blow me away. You can find out more in my FULL REVIEW.
RATING: 3.5/5

ALL OF THE ABOVE - JAMES DAWSON
PUBLISHER: Hot key books
RELEASE DATE: September 3rd 2015
GOODREADS: x
MY THOUGHTS: I'd never read a James Dawson book before this one, and now I want to read everything he's ever written. I LOVED this! It was so relatable and funny and emotional and I just can't get over the characters. Full review coming soon!
RATING: 4.5/5

DELICATE MONSTERS - STEPHANIE KUEHN 
PUBLISHER: St Martins Griffin
RELEASE DATE: June 9th 2015
GOODREADS: x
MY THOUGHTS: This book was...weird, and I have no idea what to make of it. It was well written and atmospheric and effectively creepy, but at the same time I really can't say I enjoyed it. I'll have a full review up soon, but I don't actually know what I'm going to say in it. I really can't wrap my head around this book.
RATING: 3.5/5

I'm also half way through multiple books, but I'll talk about that next month! Thanks so much for reading...
-MIA

No comments:

Post a Comment