Saturday, 10 October 2015

STACKING THE SHELVES #9

STACKING THE SHELVES IS A WEEKLY MEME CREATED BY TYNGAS REVIEWS
Hi everyone,

It's been three weeks since I did my last stacking the shelves post, and I actually only have two books to show you. I'm doing surprisingly well at this book buying/requesting ban thing!

The two books I have are some of my most anticipated reads of the year, and I am SO excited to finally have them in my life! There are just so many super exciting books coming out this month.

All books in this haul were purchased by me.



(sorry for the horrible photo, the lighting in my room is AWFUL right now!)

1: CARRY ON - RAINBOW ROWELL
AHHHHHHHHHHH!
This was probably my second most anticipated book of the year (narrowly beaten by Julie Kagawa's The iron warrior) so of course I had to buy it the moment it came out. I then managed to read all 500+ pages of it in one day, and I LOVED it! The world building and the fantasy elements could definitely have been stronger, but Rainbow Rowell is so excellent at writing characters and relationships that I really didn't care. I just love everything she writes, and in this book she definitely continued the trend of making me squeal/cry/laugh at everything. 
Also, this book is ridiculously gorgeous with or without the dust jacket and it has one of my favorite maps in any book ever. The pictures above really aren't doing it justice!

2: MAGNUS CHASE AND THE SWORD OF SUMMER - RICK RIORDAN
I love Riordan's Percy Jackson books (I just accidentally wrote Pervy Jackson and now I'm never going to get that out of my head) and I'm really, really excited to start his new series! I've only read one page so far, and I can already tell it's going to be hilarious.
It also has one of my favourite dedications ever (although you probably can't read it in my terrible photo, sorry!) and the cover is so much nicer than all of the Percy Jackson ones.

I'm so excited about owning both of these books, and I can't wait to get into Magnus Chase! Thanks so much for reading....
-MIA


No comments:

Post a Comment