Wednesday, 21 October 2015

TOP 5 WEDNESDAY: AUTHORS I DISCOVERED THIS YEAR

TOP 5 WEDNESDAY IS A WEEKLY MEME CREATED BY GINGERREADSLAINEY, AND YOU CAN FIND ALL OF THE INFORMATION IN THE GOODREADS GROUP

Hi everyone, 
It's been a few weeks since I've taken part in top 5 Wednesday, but I'm back! 
This week's topic is TOP 5 AUTHORS YOU DISCOVERED THIS YEAR. This doesn't necessarily mean that they published their debut novel this year, just that I read their books for the first time this year and loved them.

In no particular order, here are the best authors I discovered this year...

SARAH CROSSAN 
I've only read One book by this author so far (get it? The book's called One) but, as you can tell from MY REVIEW I absolutely loved it! Sarah's writing is ridiculously beautiful and poetic, and I absolutely want to read some more of her books as soon as possible.

SOPHIE KINSELLA
Sophie Kinsella is super popular, especially in the chick-lit world, but I hadn't read any of her books until earlier this year. I've still only read Finding Audrey (REVIEW), but I thought her writing style was really fun and I'd love to read more of it soon!

VICTORIA/V.E SCHWAB
Like the previous two authors on this list, Victoria Schwab (or V.E. Schwab, or whatever) isn't new to the publishing world, but I only read my first book by her this year. Once again, I've only read one  book by her (it was A darker shade of magic  and it was BRILLIANT) but I loved her writing style and I'm dying to read more when I get time.

JENNIFER NIVEN
I believe Jennifer has published other books before, but this year she really gained popularity with the beautiful All the Bright Places. I loved that book, and I really liked Jennifer's writing style, so I can't wait to read anything she publishes in the future! She's also, like, the sweetest person on twitter which only makes me like her and her book more.

NICOLA YOON
Nicola's debut novel- Everything, Everything- came out this year, and just like every other book I mentioned on this list I absolutely adored it! Her writing is beautiful and moving and I absolutely can't wait to read more if she publishes more book in the future.

This was a super quick list, and I think it got a little bit repetitive (I didn't know what else to say!), but I hope you don't mind. Thanks so much for reading!
-MIA

No comments:

Post a Comment