Wednesday, 28 October 2015

TOP 5 WEDNESDAY: HALLOWEEN BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS

TOP 5 WEDNESDAY IS A WEEKLY MEME CREATED BY GINGERREADSLAINEY. YOU CAN FIND ALL OF THE INFORMATION IN THE GOODREADS GROUP.
Halloween is only three days away, so of course today's top 5 Wednesday topic is TOP 5 HALLOWEEN RECOMMENDATIONS! 

Even though I adore Halloween, I'm actually ridiculously easily scared and I really don't read horror/creepy books very often.  Even so, I managed to put together a list of nine (yes, I know it's top 5 WEDNESDAY, but since it's a special occasion I'm letting myself off) books which I think really capture the creepy atmosphere I want at Halloween without being TOO scary...

SUPERNATURAL/HORROR
(left to right):
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown - Holly Black: This book offers a really unique and unsettling take on vampires, with some great creepy scenes!
Demon Road - Derek Landy: I'm only half way through this one right now, but it's a really fun and fast paced supernatural road trip story with just the right amount of creepiness for me.
Anna dressed in blood - Kendare Blake: This book is really more focused on the romance than the horror aspects, so know that going into it, but I still think it has a great Halloween-y atmosphere.
Unbreakable - Kami Garcia: This series is criminally underrated, and I really recommend it to anybody who wants an intriguing and action packed paranormal read (especially if you like Supernatural the TV show, they definitely have things in common).
The Haunting of Sunshine Girl - Paige McKenzie: Who doesn't love a good haunted house story? Full review HERE.
An Absence of light - Meradeth Houston: I thought this had a really interesting and dark story, and I really ended up connecting to the characters. Full review HERE.

MYSTERY/THRILLER:
Monster - C.J. Skuse: Boarding school! Mysterious monster! Death! BOARDING SCHOOL! What more could you want?
Delicate Monsters - Stephanie Kuehn: This book is so weird and disturbing and I honestly can't say I enjoyed it, but I can't deny it was really atmospheric and intriguing. Full review HERE.
Birdy - Jess Vallance: This book doesn't really get creepy until the very end, but once it does it will definitely give you chills! It's a really twisted and suspenseful mystery about a friendship turned toxic, and I really enjoyed it.

Have a great Halloween everyone! (I'm going to a One Direction concert, so I know I will)
-MIA

No comments:

Post a Comment