Sunday, 25 October 2015

WRITERS WEEKENDS: NANOWRIMO PLANS

There's one week until NaNoWriMo, and I've decided to take part for the FIRST TIME EVER! Woo!

For today's Writers Weekends posts I just want to quickly talk about my plans for November, what I'm going to be writing, and what I've been doing to prepare. Then I need to get back to outlining, because I am REALLY behind right now.


WHAT AM I WRITING?
My novel for this NaNoWriMo is a currently untitled young adult fantasy, and even though I don't want to say much about it yet (to be fair, I'm not 100% certain what it's about myself) I can say that I'm really excited to start writing it! This story and it's characters have been going around my head for months and it's been really fun to finally develop it into something I can actually write over the past couple of weeks.
This is my first time writing fantasy and the story is a lot more complex and ambitious that anything I've written before, which is both exciting and ridiculously intimidating. 
I know this was super vague, but I'll definitely be sharing more about my story the further we get into NaNoWriMo...you'll just have to stick around to find out about it *winks*

PREPARATION (OR LACK THEREOF):
I suck at planning novels. Seriously. 
Because I'm writing a fantasy story and it's so much more complicated than anything else I've ever attempted, I decided I wanted to have a really solid idea of the world, the characters and the plot before I started trying to write. This meant that I've spent the last couple of weeks frantically making notes, drawing maps, creating characters and putting together a basic outline for my story. It's been crazy, and I still have a LOT of stuff to do before November starts. To be honest, I'm not prepared at all and I'm completely freaking out.
I've been using padlet.com to create my outline, which has been really helpful because you can write down the scenes on different notes and then rearrange them into whatever order you want (that made no sense, but you'll get it if you use the website). I'm also using charahub.com to create and develop my characters, and everything else is written down in my NaNoWriMo notebook. I'm also using spotify to make my writing playlist (which I'm totally not doing to procrastinate outlining...)

BLOG AND SOCIAL MEDIA PLANS:
Of course, it's not just writing my novel that I'll be doing during November. I want to try and keep up with my blog, and even though my normal posts may be slightly less consistent than usual I'm definitely going to be doing weekly NaNoWriMo update posts every Sunday. I'm also going to be posting a bunch on my twitter, so make sure to follow me @miainnarnia to keep updated!
You can also add me as a friend on the NaNoWriMo website here!

So, there are all my plans for NaNoWriMo! I do have school for the whole month which is going to take up a lot of my time, especially since I have exams in the first week of the month, but I'm still hoping that I'll be able to get 50,000 words over the course of the month. Wish me luck...

-MIA

No comments:

Post a Comment