Sunday, 1 November 2015

WRITERS WEEKENDS: THE START OF NANOWRIMO!

Hi everyone,
It's November 1st, and you know what that means? NANOWRIMO HAS BEGUN! Today I'm just doing a super quick update about how my first day went.

In case you missed it, HERE is the post where I talked about my plans for NaNoWriMo and what I'm writing. You can also add me as a buddy on NaNoWriMo HERE.

It's currently 8:26 at night on the first day of NaNoWriMo, and I've written a grand total of 5029 words so far! Not too bad, huh?

My story starts out with a really action packed and dramatic scene involving my main character breaking out of a prison, which was really fun to write! I'm currently in the middle of a scene which involves introducing pretty much all of my secondary characters all at once, which has been...interesting to write, to say the least.

I'm SO glad that I'm ahead (I only had to be at 1667 words today, so I'm more than 3000 words ahead! Woo!) because I have exams all of next week and I'm probably not going to get much time to write at all. Yeah, NaNoWriMo kind of came at the worst time ever for me. Hopefully I'll manage to squeeze the minimum amount of words in, but if not I should be able to make it up at the weekend. Wish me luck!

That's all for today (told you it'd be super quick!), but I'll have updates up every Sunday for the rest of the month. I hope everybody else had a great first day, and remember, YOU CAN DO IT!
-MIA

No comments:

Post a Comment