Wednesday, 2 December 2015

OCTOBER + NOVEMBER READING WRAP-UP

Hi everyone!

It's been a busy few months, to say the least. So busy, in fact, that I've hardly had any time to read at all. It SUCKS. Since I only got the chance to read seven full books (and the last halves of two others) across both October and November I decided to just put them all in one wrap up now.

This post is a total mess, sorry! I just wanted to get everything wrapped up so I could move into December without worrying about it. Anyway, here are all the books I read over the past few months...


STARTED IN SEPTEMBER:
DELICATE MONSTERS - STEPHANIE KUEHN: This book was really weird and fascinating and unique and creepy and I'm still not completely sure what I thought of it. I definitely couldn't put it down, though! FULL REVIEW. 3/5 STARS
FIRE WALKER - JOSEPHINE ANGELINI: This is the second book in Josphine Angelini's Dream Walker series, and I really enjoyed it. I think the magic system's really interesting, I like the characters, and even though it might not be the most brilliantly written series ever I'm really looking forwards to the next book! 4/5 STARS


DEWEY'S 24 HOUR READATHON:
In October I took part in Dewey's 24 hour readathon and I managed to read three books. Since I already talked about all of them in my wrap up I'm not going to go over it all again, but they were;

  • You're never weird on the internet - Felicia Day (LOVED IT) 4.5/5 STARS
  • Dynamite - Ranvinder Randhawa 2/5 STARS
  • The fall of Icarus - Ovid 3/5 STARS

READ IN OCTOBER/NOVEMBER:
CARRY ON - RAINBOW ROWELL: THIS BOOK. I CAN'T EVEN. HOW IS RAINBOW ROWELL EVEN DOING THIS? If you can't tell, I loved it and Rainbow Rowell is Queen and I still haven't managed to gather my emotions. Just read it, especially if you love all of her books as much as I do. 4.85/5 STARS
MAGNUS CHASE AND THE SWORD OF SUMMER - RICK RIORDAN: Just like Rainbow Rowell, Rick Riordan is still yet to disappoint me. This book was hilarious and coming action packed and I need the next installment in the series IMMEDIATELY. Sure, it's a lot like Rick Riordan's other books, but since I love his writing so much that really didn't bother me. 4.5/5 STARS
THE REST OF US JUST LIVE HERE - PATRICK NESS: I loved this one too! It's a really unique and funny take on the young adult paranormal story, but there were also some much deeper themes and relationships which I thought made it really stand out. 4.25/5 STARS.
MONSTER - C.J. SKUSE: Boarding school! Female friendships! Murder! This book contained loads of things I loved, and overall it was a really intriguing and atmospheric read which I really enjoyed. 4.25/5 STARS.

I might not have read much in the past few months, but I have been lucky enough to read some of my favourite books of the year! Still, I'm hoping to read a lot more in December now that my life *should* be less insane.

Thanks for reading, and have a great December...
-MIA

4 comments:

  1. I read Carry On in October too, and by the sounds of it, loved it just as much as you did! It was the perfect book for me, so I adored every page. I really need to get to Monster now though - I'm a sucker for a boarding school story, and murder? Yes please!

    I hope you manage to read more in December, Mia. Thanks for sharing this!
    Denise | The Bibliolater

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading! :) I'm glad you loved carry on too, and I'd definitely recommend Monster if you like death in boarding schools! Who doesn't like death in boarding schools?...xD

      Delete
  2. Hope your December reading is going well!

    ReplyDelete