Tuesday, 22 December 2015

'TIS THE SEASON BOOK TAG

Hi everyone,

There's only THREE DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS, and that's counting today! To celebrate, I'm going to be doing some Christmas-themed book TAGs leading up to the big day.

Today I'm doing the 'tis the season book tag, which was created last year by RichardDenney on youtube. Nobody tagged me, but it's fun and festive so I'm doing it anyway.

1. DO YOU HAVE A FAVOURITE WINTER READ?
I sure do! OBVIOUSLY, my favourite wintery read is The lion, the witch and the warrobe by C.S Lewis. Do I really have to explain this? Really?
If you need any more wintery recommendations, I did a whole post on it for last weeks top 5 Wednesday.

2. FIND A BOOK WITH BLUE ON THE COVER!
THIS IS YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED REMINDER TO READ TWO BOYS KISSING BY DAVID LEVITHAN. It's beautiful and important and the cover is bright blue (well, the UK edition is anyway)

3. FIND A BOOK YOU'D USE AS A STAR ON THE CHRISTMAS TREE!
 You can't quite tell from the picture, but this book is totally gold and glittery and fabulous. It literally has a star on the cover- how could I not pick it? Plus, the book itself is hilarious and I would be honoured for it to take pride of place on my Christmas tree.

4: PICK ONE FICTIONAL PLACE THAT WOULD BE PERFECT FOR A CHRISTMAS VACATION
Shockingly, I actually managed to think of another place that isn't Narnia to answer this question! What's happening to me? Instead I went with Christmas-y Hogwarts, because it's just so magical and festive and the food sounds amazing! *sigh*

5. PICK ONE CHARACTER YOU'D TAKE WITH YOU ON YOUR WINTER VACATION
Jem Carstairs from The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare, duh! Jem is basically my favourite character ever, and I just think we could have loads of fun exploring Hogwarts together.

6. NAME ON BOOK ON YOUR CHRISTMAS WISHLIST THIS YEAR
The illustrated edition of Harry Potter and the philosopher's stone by J.K. Rowling, illustrated by Jim Kay, is GORGEOUS and I've been wanting it since it came out, but it's just so expensive! Hopefully Santa will deliver...

Thanks for reading, and have the happiest of holidays...
-MIA


No comments:

Post a Comment