Wednesday, 23 December 2015

TOP 5 WEDNESDAY: SERIES I WANT TO START NEXT YEAR

TOP 5 WEDNESDAY IS A WEEKLY MEME CREATED BY GINGERREADSLAINEY. YOU CAN FIND MORE INFORMATION IN THE GOODREADS GROUP.

Hi everyone,

I know this sounds crazy, but 2015 is nearly over! Where did all the time go? I'm already starting to think about what I want to read next year, so it's totally fitting that this weeks top 5 Wednesday topic is TOP 5 SERIES I WANT TO READ IN 2016.

I actually did this topic last year (when I'd just started blogging!) and...well, I've only read one of the series. Oops. Even so, I tried to think of a whole new list so I'm not repeating myself.

*This list only contains series where at least one book has already been released. Series that begin publication in 2016 don't count.*


CORMORAN STRIKE SERIES - ROBERT GALBRAITH (AKA J.K. ROWLING)
18192717
This isn't the kind of series I'd normally read (it's an adult detective mystery thing, which isn't my genre of choice), but since it's written by my Queen J.K Rowling I just have to pick it up. I already own the first two books in pretty hardbacks, but I just haven't gotten around to reading them yet!













THE KANE CHRONICLES - RICK RIORDAN
7090447
I love all of Rick Riordan's books, so I really have no excuse for not having read this series apart from that I just haven't had the time. I'm sure it's going to be just as hilarious and action packed as all his other series are!














THE SIX OF CROWS DUOLOGY(?) - LEIGH BARDUGO
23437156
The first book in this (I think) duology is getting so much hype and great reviews, but there's a reason why I haven't read it yet: the premise reminds me just a little bit of the novel I'm currently working on myself. I'm not saying that I'm anywhere near as good as Leigh Bardugo (I've read Shadow and bone- she's a great writer!), and the two stories probably don't have much in common at all, but I really don't want to run the risk of a) letting it influence my own book too much or b) convincing myself it's not worth writing my story. I'm sure other writer people can relate to this!
Even so, I really want to start the series next year and read the second book when it comes out. I'm just waiting until I'm less involved with this project
.






THE MISTBORN SERIES - BRANDON SANDERSON
6547258
Everybody seems to be going crazy over Brandon Sanderson right now, but I'm still yet to read any of his books. This series has a really interesting premise, rave reviews and beautiful covers, so of course I'm sold! There's only one problem- it's so LONG.













THE SHATTER ME TRILOGY - TAHEREH MAFI
13455782
After years of reading mixed reviews and conflicting thoughts about this series, I think it's finally time to take the dive and read it. People seem to have really strong opinions about these books- positive or negative- and I want to see where I stand!















Thanks so much for reading! Be sure to tell me which series YOU want to read next year in the comments...
-MIA




6 comments:

  1. You HAVE to read the Shatter Me series. Although the first isn't great, it gets so much better, and the last book in the series is truly amazing! It's one of my all-time favourite series - I'd highly recommend!

    I'm desperate to read the Mistborn series too, and I convinced my sister to buy the first one so I can read it after her, but all in the books in the series are SO LONG! It looks like you really have to be in the mood for them, haha!

    Thanks for sharing this, Mia! I hope you manage to get to some of these in 2015 :)
    Denise | The Bibliolater

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Denise! I've heard great things about the shatter me series, but I've also heard some really bad things as well so I've kind of being putting off reading it. Your comment definitely gave me some motivation! I'm definitely going to have to wait until I have a lot of spare time to read the Mistborn series- they're a bit intimidating :D

      Delete
  2. Great picks! I also hope to read The Kane Chronicles and Mistborn Trilogy next year, they've been on my TBR for the longest time but I haven't read them yet (perhaps because I don't own the physical copies...? And Mistorn is so long that it feels like a big commitment ahah) either way I want to remedy it in 2016 :D happy reading!
    Enchanted by YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! Mistborn is definitely a commitment, but hopefully we can both make the time for them at some point! I totally get what you mean about not having physical copies- I'm always so much more motivated to read if I actually have a book to hold :)

      Delete
  3. Kane Chronicles is great! It's different from Percy Jackson, but it's still got that trademark Rick Riordan humor that makes everything amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Rick Riordan humour! I love Egyptian mythology too, so I'm pretty sure this series is going to be great for me :)

      Delete