Thursday, 4 February 2016

'HAMILTON' BOOK TAG

If you've been in earshot of me in the past few months, you will know that I am deeply obsessed with the musical Hamiton. Seriously, I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to all the friends who have heard me attempting to rap. This show has taken over my life. Therefore, when I discovered there was a Hamilton BOOK TAG on youtube (created by the wonderful Maureen Keavy) I knew I had to do it as soon as humanly possible.

This tag might not make much sense if you haven't listened to the Hamilton cast recording (or been one of the lucky people who have seen the show live), in which case I advise you to GO AND LISTEN TO THE HAMILTON CAST RECORDING. The whole thing's on Spotify, so you really have no excuse not to.

Disclaimer: I did leave out a few questions I couldn't think of good answers for. Sorry!

WARNING: This post will contain spoilers. All spoilers are clearly marked, but if you really don't want to hear spoilers from the Harry Potter or the Mortal Instruments series you might want to leave now. Read at your own risk!

THE ROOM WHERE IT HAPPENS: A BOOK YOU WOULD PUT YOURSELF IN
The Harry Potter series by J.K Rowling, for obvious reasons. I just want to go to Hogwarts! Is that too much to ask?

THE SCHUYLER SISTERS: AN UNDERRATED FEMALE CHARACTER
Angelica, Eliiiiiiza and Charlotte Branwell from the Infernal Devices. Can we talk about this woman for a minute, please? She runs the institute practically single-handedly, she defies the Clave, she looks after all the other Shadowhunters, she fights like a total badass, and she does it all in a skirt and a corset! No one ever talks about her and this needs to change right now.

STAY ALIVE: A CHARACTER YOU WISH WAS STILL ALIVE
******MAJOR SPOILER ALERT FOR HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS******
Remus Lupin is my favourite character in the whole Harry Potter series and...yeah, let's just say I wasn't very happy about that thing that happened in the last book. His entire storyline is so tragic and he deserved so much better and...*bursts into tears*. Seriously, I will never be over this. NEVER.

BURN: MOST HEARTBREAKING END TO A RELATIONSHIP YOU'VE EVER READ
******SPOILER ALERT FOR CITY OF LOST SOULS*****
I know it wasn't permanent, but Cassandra Clare completely tore my heart to shreds when she broke up Magnus and Alec in city of Lost Souls. I definitely cried more at this than I did at any of the character deaths in this series, or at practically anything that's happened in my real life. WHY, CASSANDRA? WHY?

THE REYNOLDS PAMPHLET: A BOOK WITH A PLOT TWIST YOU DIDN'T SEE COMING
No spoilers here, but the Iron Trial by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare had a plot twist that completely caught me off guard. I purchased the sequel a few days ago, and I need to read is ASAP because the end of the first book completely hooked me.

NON-STOP: A SERIES YOU MARATHONED
I read the entirety of The Selection trilogy by Kiera Cass in one day, and it was kind of a wild ride. I basically didn't move until I'd read all three books. I wrote a full review if you'd like to hear more of my thoughts on this series!

WHO LIVES, WHO DIES, WHO TELLS YOUR STORY - A BOOK YOU FEEL WILL BE REMEMBERED THROUGHOUT HISTORY
The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins has already made such an impact, and I really think that it's one of those series that will stand the test of time. The themes and the messages in it will probably be relevant forever, and I am sure Katniss' story will resonate with readers for so many years to come.

Thanks for reading! Do not throw away your shot...
-MIA





No comments:

Post a Comment