Sunday, 14 February 2016

THE OTP TAG

Happy Valentines day everyone!

I may not have a date for today (or ever), but that doesn't stop me from celebrating the love of some of my favourite couples. Fictional couples, that is.

Today I'm going to be doing the OTP tag, which was created on youtube by Kirstin Reads. I'm not limiting myself to just book couples here, mostly because I need to let out my Teen Wolf feels...
PICK AN OTP YOU DIDN'T SHIP AT FIRST BUT NOW DO


I didn't really like the relationship between Rowan and Celaena (or Aelin, whatever) in Heir of Fire, but the more I read about them the more I started liking them together. By the end of Queen of Shadows I was basically screaming every time they spoke to each other.












PICK YOUR MOST HATED NOTP
This honour goes to Stalia (Stiles and Malia) from Teen Wolf. I'm not even going to get into why I hate this relationship, just that I thought it was really badly written and rushed and they didn't have much chemistry and...*sighs*.










PICK AN OTP THAT TOOK WAY TOO LONG TO GET TOGETHER
Okay, so they're not *technically* canon yet, but I've been waiting 5 DAMN SEASONS for Stydia (Stiles and Lydia) from Teen Wolf to get together and I'm almost certain it's going to happen soon. I've been shipping them since season one, and I've honestly just got more and more invested in their relationship since then. It needs to happen, guys. It NEEDS TO. (And yes, this may be part of the reason I hate Stalia so much. I'm totally biased)




PICK YOUR FAVOURITE NON-CANON OTP
In my head they're totally canon, but I guess this has to be Wolfstar (Remus and Sirius) from the Harry Potter series. Technically, I ship them more in their Marauders-era days than as adults, but I love them together anyway. WHY DID THIS NOT HAPPEN?





PICK YOUR FAVOURITE BROTP
This one's obvious. Heronstairs (Will and Jem) from the Infernal Devices have the most beautiful friendship in the history of friendships; they're just so loyal and close and  they love each other so much and I am emotional. I'm not going to pretend I don't ship them romantically as well...














PICK AN OTP YOU ADORED IN THE BOOK BUT NOT IN THE MOVIE/TV ADAPTATION
I generally just try and pretend that the Percy Jackson movies never happened, but I have to talk about them now. They butchered basically everything from the books, so it only makes sense that they ruined the relationship between Percabeth (Percy and Annabeth) too.




PICK A POPULAR OTP THAT NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY YOU JUST CAN'T SHIP
It's not that I dislike Clexa (Clarke and Lexa) from the 100, it's just that I don't seem to be able to care about them. I don't know what it is- they have really good chemistry, and I love that we've got some strong LGBT representation on mainstream TV- but I just can't get into their relationship. It could also be because I'm a hardcore Bellarke (Bellamy and Clarke) shipper, so I'm definitely biased.


PICK YOUR FAVOURITE LGBT+ OTP
They're not *actually* my favourite LGBT+ couple (more on that in a second), but I do love Adam and Ronan from the Raven Cycle with my entire heart. If they don't become canon in the Raven King I'm probably going to...um...I don't know what I'll do.














PICK YOUR FAVOURITE OTP OF ALL TIME!

*drumroll*
Malec (Magnus and Alec) from the mortal instruments by Cassandra Clare are not just my favourite LGBT+ couple, they are my favourite fictional couple of ALL TIME EVER!
They're just so perfect for each other and they have the cutest chemistry and I love them so much I'm going to cry.








Thanks for reading everyone, and have a brilliant valentines day (even if you're forever alone like me)...
-MIA











No comments:

Post a Comment