Thursday, 30 June 2016

ANNOUNCEMENTS: CAMP NANOWRIMO + CURSED CHILD COUNTDOWN


Hey everyone!

So, I haven't posted here in a while (if 'a while' = the entirety of exam season). Oops.

Unfortunately my life got really crazy with GCSEs and stuff, and everything that wasn't school had to be pushed to the side for a few months. It hurts me to say this, but I've read less than ten books in the first half of 2016 and I've barely written anything since November.

Luckily, exams are over now and I basically have all of July and August free, which means it's time to start blogging again! July is going to be a very exciting month for me in terms of bookish stuff, and today I just wanted to kick it all off by introducing two new series thingies (that's definitely the technical term) that will be appearing on this blog over the course of the next month...



CAMP NANOWRIMO

Back in November 2015 I took part in NaNoWriMo for the first time and, to my surprise, I managed to write the first 50,000+ words of a novel I was really loving working on. Then November ended, and real life kicked in, and I had no time to even look at the book...UNTIL NOW!

I'm going to be using July Camp NaNoWriMo (What's that? All the info HERE) as an opportunity to finally finish that novel, as well as a chance to get back into the habit of writing at least a little bit every day. My word count for the month will be the standard 50,000 words, which is normally very manageable for me but since I'm going to be away from my computer for at least four days...well, I might get a bit stressed out. Watch this space to see me have a breakdown around July 20th!

Camp NaNo updates will be posted weekly, probably on Fridays. Or Saturdays. Or whenever I remember...


CURSED CHILD COUNTDOWN


If you've not been living under a rock, you probably know that the script book of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is being published at the end of July. If you're a huge Harry Potter fan like me, you probably know that this is INCREDIBLY EXCITING!!!!!!!!

To count down to the release of the book (and the official opening night of the play!), I'm going to have a few Potter-themed posts scattered throughout July. I also have tickets to see preview performances of both halves of the play on July 23rd and I'm sure I'm going to have a LOT to say about it, good and bad, so look out for that! Don't worry, though, I'll #keepthesecrets. Until July 31st at least...

Cursed Child Countdown posts will be uploaded randomly throughout July, and will probably contain a lot of me gushing about how much I love Hermione Granger. You have been warned.


Thanks for reading, and have a ~magical~ July
-MIA

1 comment: