Thursday, 21 July 2016

CAMP NANOWRIMO: WEEK 3 UPDATE

Hi everyone,

We're three weeks into Camp NaNoWriMo and...well, it's kind of gone downhill for me over the past few days. I'm still ahead thanks to all my writing in the first two weeks, but I haven't been writing much (see: anything at all).


Anyway, here are my stats for Camp NaNo so far:






















Objectively, I'm still doing pretty well. I've written over 10k words this week, and I'm well ahead of the goal. The only problem is that I haven't written a single word in three whole days. THREE DAYS. I am not proud of this.

The main reason for this is that I actually FINISHED MY NOVEL (!!!!!!!!!) on the 16th (I wrote a full blog post about that HERE) and now I don't know what to do with my writing. Or my life.

I need to patch together another 10k words from blog posts and fanfic and the like, but unfortunately I have no motivation to do this. I'm still trapped in the world of my novel and I'm finding it so hard to move on and write anything else! I have to let it go. *Frozen plays in the distance*

I've also been quite busy this week with my little sister's birthday (she's a teenager now! What the Hell?) which has cut into my writing time. It's not going to get any easier from now on, either, since I'm missing this entire weekend. I leave for London in the morning, watch Cursed Child on Saturday (ASDFGHJK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and then travel home on Sunday. For this whole time I will have no laptop and no time at all to write. Help me!




MILESTONES THIS WEEK:
July 16th - Finished first draft of novel (35k words this month, 103k total)
July 19th - Reached 40k words for the month

SOUNDTRACK OF THE WEEK:
Honestly, I haven't been writing enough this week to have a soundtrack. When I have listened to music it's mostly been the Harry Potter movie scores. I'm so hyped about seeing Cursed Child this weekend that I don't want to think about anything that isn't Harry Potter, plus the soundtrack is beautiful and magical and it makes my heart happy.

Thanks for reading. I promise next week's update will be more exciting!
-MIA

1 comment: