Friday, 29 July 2016

CAMP NANOWRIMO: WEEK 4 UPDATE



Hi everyone,

Welcome to the most pathetic Camp NaNo update ever written!

I've barely written anything this week and I'm starting to panic slightly. Am I about to lose NaNo for the first time? *cries*


Anyway, here are my (abysmal) stats for the month so far:

Technically I'm not behind. I'm at exactly 46,964 words right and today's target is 46,777 words, which means I'm almost 200 words ahead of where I need to be. Remember when I was ten thousand words ahead of target? Let's go back to that time.

I didn't write anything at all between the 21st and the 24th, and I've only written a couple of thousand words since then. It sucks. The problem really is that I have nothing to write now that my novel is finished, so it's hard to get any words down. I'm trying to make the word count with blog posts and other random stuff, but it doesn't seem to be enough.

To be fair on myself, I did travel a bit this week. I was in London from the 22nd to the 24th for Harry Potter reasons (Cursed Child spoiler-free review is HERE!) which meant I physically couldn't write, and then I was super exhausted and I slept for a whole day straight. That gives me an excuse for not writing, right?

So, now I have two days to write 3 thousand words, which would normally be very achievable for me if I actually had an idea for something to write. I have stuff to work on, but it's all brainstorming and planning that doesn't contribute to my word count. Wish me luck!


MILESTONES THIS WEEK:
28th July - Reached 45k words

Yeah, that's it. Thanks for reading!

-MIA

1 comment: