Wednesday, 27 July 2016

TOP 5 WEDNESDAY: UNLIKABLE CHARACTERS

TOP 5 WEDNESDAY WAS CREATED BY GINGERREADSLAINEY AND IS CURRENTLY HOSTED BY THOUGHTS ON TOMES. YOU CAN FIND ALL OF THE INFORMATION IN THE GOODREADS GROUP.

Hi everyone,

It's Top 5 Wednesday time! This week's topic is TOP 5 UNLIKABLE CHARACTERS, specifically characters that you hate but aren't really supposed to (no villains, basically).

This was fun for me because I hate a lot of people, including fictional people, and I enjoy venting about it a lot. Do not be alarmed if I sound overly aggressive or violent in this post. I just get really, really annoyed about fictional characters.

In no particular order, because I hate them all equally...


GALE HAWTHORNE - THE HUNGER GAMES (SUZANNE COLLINS)
I know I said I hated them all equally, but that wasn't true. I hate Gale the most. The only character I think I hate more than Gale is Dolores Umbridge, and she's not on this list because she's obviously supposed to be unlikable. I honestly don't know why I hate this guy so much (I am a huge Everlark shipper, but that's honestly not the reason) but everything he said or did in the series made me want to punch him in the face. He really has no depth or development in my opinion, and all he does is stand around and whine about how Katniss doesn't love him even though SHE IS NOT ENTITLED TO LIKE HIM JUST BECAUSE...okay, I need to stop.

CLARY FRAY - THE  MORTAL INSTRUMENTS (CASSANDRA CLARE)
The Mortal Instruments is one of my favourite series of all time, but Clary has to be my least favourite thing about it. I found her to be so whiny and immature, and she kept thinking she knew better than everyone else even though she literally found out she was a Shadowhunter, like, the day before. How does that even make sense? I guess she did get slightly less insufferable as the series progressed, but that doesn't mean I forgive her.

TALLY YOUNGBLOOD - UGLIES (SCOTT WESTERFELD)
Ugh. Here's another protagonist who almost ruined their series for me. I didn't like her in the first book, started to hate her in the second, and by the end of the series I was sort of hoping she'd just die so it could be over. I understand why her personality changed, but she got so selfish and arrogant and I just got sick of it really quickly.

RILEY - TALON (JULIE KAGAWA)
Okay, I have to admit that the main reason I don't like Riley is because I love Garrett too much (they're the two love interests, for anyone who hasn't read the books). Aside from that, I find him really aggressive and controlling around Ember and his constant snarkiness just gets on my nerves. I'm starting to realise that the sarcastic-bad-boy types of character just annoy me.

LAUREN - GIRL, MISSING (SOPHIE MCKENZIE)
I know a lot of people love Sophie McKenzie's books, but this series is probably my least favourite of all time. Lauren just makes the stupidest decisions I have ever read, complains about everything, and I just wanted to scream at her for the entire time I was reading the book.

Thanks for listening to me letting out my frustrations!
-MIA


No comments:

Post a Comment